fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Re: Building the supercharger to the engine (75 3.0V6)

Post by fedezyl »

Cool, great! I'm using high lift cams too, from RJR, the coil i'm using is the VR6 coil, what injectors are you using?

please send those maps yes, fedezyl at gmail dot com
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Dyno results 8) .
310hp and 420nm. 345 form 2000rmp
Could be a little more hp from 5500 and upwards if i run it on 98octane but you can't get it everywhere and 95 is a lot cheaper.

Verry happy with the torque everywhere! :lol:
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Nice!! Were the ignition maps I sent you any helpful??
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

Excellent end results. That high average torque will have the car being effortlessly fast.
I take it the dyno/computer is calculating that at the engine/allowing for drivetrain loss? Correction Method: DIN
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

@ fedezyl:

I used your, 3.0 original map, for the lower map range but it did have to much advance. My one where actualy pretty good on high map and a little worse on low map when i saw what the dyno guy made of it.

@duk:

That's engine numbers with an 13.5 drivetrain loss.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Great low RPM torque, But why is the drop in torque so drastic? I'm guessing a fixed cam timing is one of the reasons for this?
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Drastic... it's still 360nm at top rpm. But i got a little detonation problems above 5500 that's why ignition was pulled in this range. Mr dyno sad it could make more on 98 octane, about 320hp, but i decided i don't want to because of the high price and you can't get it everywhere. It's also a supecharger setup so it's not as efficient as a turbocharger in the high rev range.
Gonna make some ducting for the intercooler and hope that i can pull of more intake air temp degrees so it doesn't take of one degree timing as it did while dyno testing. There should come some more hp.

Also i have a small restriction somewhere in the fuel delivery. Not that it cost any HP becuase it is compensatet in the fueltable, but annyone know where i have to search.
A good fuelpump is already installed.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Very good results for the setup! Torque at lower rpm is excellent for driving around! 8)
If you have a Bosch 0580254909 or 0580464126 fuel pump you shouldn't have any problems up to ~400hp. The factory fuel lines should be enough for your application.

Jim K.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

gtv-racer wrote:@ fedezyl:

I used your, 3.0 original map, for the lower map range but it did have to much advance. My one where actualy pretty good on high map and a little worse on low map when i saw what the dyno guy made of it.

@duk:

That's engine numbers with an 13.5 drivetrain loss.
Great! I dynoed my car a bit last time I was home but didn't get too good results as we discovered an exhaust leak and therefore the o2 sensor was misreading... if you can, send me the ignition map, it would be very helpful to tune after the SC is installed.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Tanks Jim. The dyno guy sad the fuel pump supports 600hp. Then something else is blokking it. Maybe dirt in the filter... only had the prolem last time. Never seen it before.

Fedezyl, i'll sent you the maps these days.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

The sure way to conclude the entire fuel system is up to the task, is to measure pressure AND flow at the same time. There are instruments for this and the test can be performed with the engine off -by powering the pump. The setup uses a pressure gauge and a flowmeter. You restrict fuel return until the gauge shows ~3bar +max boost pressure, at which point flow should be ~25% more than what is required for your max power.

Jim K.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

gtv-racer wrote:Drastic... it's still 360nm at top rpm. But i got a little detonation problems above 5500 that's why ignition was pulled in this range. Mr dyno sad it could make more on 98 octane, about 320hp, but i decided i don't want to because of the high price and you can't get it everywhere. It's also a supecharger setup so it's not as efficient as a turbocharger in the high rev range.
Gonna make some ducting for the intercooler and hope that i can pull of more intake air temp degrees so it doesn't take of one degree timing as it did while dyno testing. There should come some more hp.

Also i have a small restriction somewhere in the fuel delivery. Not that it cost any HP becuase it is compensatet in the fueltable, but annyone know where i have to search.
A good fuelpump is already installed.
When I had my 33 16v with megasquirt I had the same problem, ran out of fuel at 3bar so had to up the base fuel pressure. Symptoms where the same, couldn't control fueling at high rpm's. You might want to check the fuel pressure regulator, it may not be rising the pressure enough on boost, also a partially clogged fuel filter. I do think that torque drop is pretty steep too.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

If the fuel delevery is sqeezed somewhere i think it would be somewhere in my home made parts or fuel filter.
A measurement would be nice but i don't have this equipment available...
Fuel preassure is already raised to 3.5bar with an oem porsche regulator.
The toque drop has nothing to do with the fuel delivery. The fuel table is a bit raised but no more than at top torque figures and afr's stay in check at around 12:1.

Maybe Greg can chime in and say something about the torque curve...?

Maybe i see things wrong...?
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

Unless there is a either the drive belt is slipping of there is a boost leak, I'd say that the torque curve looks normal. It's a positive displacement supercharger, so the whole thing is really just going to act like a larger capacity version of the same engine.
So basically what ever would limit the engine ability to continue increasing its torque output at 'X' RPM when it's normally aspirated, will pretty much be the same now that it's supercharged.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

That's what i tought. Belt isn't slipping. Boost risses normaly tipicaly for a supercharger as rpm increase. The only slight thing that there could be missing some hp is the air temp timing retard and the 98 octane thing i guess.

But suggestions are always welcome beuase i'm just a rookie tuner :wall: