Duk
Verde
Verde

Re: Building the supercharger to the engine (75 3.0V6)

Post by Duk »

Did you do any work to the heads? The standard ports are pretty poor and would help a bit.

Water injection for the low cost high octane effect. Would expect it to allow you to run more on boost ignition advance and a bit leaner (tho probably not much point getting any leaner than a 12.5:1 AFR) and gain a few more horsies.

And without knowing the size of your exhaust, a 3 inch system as a minimum with well flowing mufler/resonator/cats.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Double...
Last edited by gtv-racer on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Did port the heads. Intergrating an waterinjection system for a few extra horses isn't worth the money in my opinion.
It's 2.5"
Enlarging it wil just move the torque crurve or not? Lose some in the middle gain som at the top?
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

I have a 3in exhaust in the giulie, std heads but cams from RJR, more lift and duration, a bit less overlap.

I think you could benefit from a 3in exhaust at those power figures.
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

gtv-racer wrote:Did port the heads. Intergrating an waterinjection system for a few extra horses isn't worth the money in my opinion.
It's 2.5"
Enlarging it wil just move the torque crurve or not? Lose some in the middle gain som at the top?

Just spraying some water in there won't make any extra horse power, you'll need to tune for it. It should get you some extra knock resistance.
If you can tune for more top end power with 98, then the WI should allow you to tune for a bit more aswell.

A bigger exhaust won't effect the torque curve down low, that's an old wives tale that needs to be shot and buried. But a too small exhaust will restrict outright power.
The best test is a pressure test just after the last collector and before the cat(s) if fitted.
The lower the better.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

I understand it but the dyno guy estimated it only made 10hp more on 98when tuned to it. That's a marginal 3 %...
He had more advance dailed in but saw the number's where not rapidly increasing and heard that to much detonation was going on.

Maybe the 3" exhaust is a good idea. I see what numbers Fedezyl comes up with.
What octane are you putting in fedezyl?

What should max preassure be? :? In the 0.05 bar range...?
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

We have 97 RON in Uruguay supposedly, we are aiming to 10psi max, but we'll see once it's up and running. Hoping for about the same HP you are making.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Running also 10psi at the moment. Above that IAT number go up rapidly in my setup.
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

You probably need a bigger supercharger... :)
Drive it like you stole it...
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

Also make sure that the intake to the supercharger is flowing as much air as the SC needs. Any flow restriction will cause the pressure ratio to change and increase discharge temperatures.
A sensative pressure gauge that is tapped into the intake right next to the SC will give the most accurate measurement.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Probbaly your right Remco. And i already realy had tought of it. But my time for making cars fast is limmited.
And the next step also woud mean better rods, piston and so on so big bugs.

But i want it so bad :mrgreen:
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

310hp is quite a decent number I must say, i'm using the MP62 with Greg's kit but we'll use an air to air intercooler for now.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

For those who want to know more about the costs and options about the transaxle bearing plate/brace, mail me at mintenp(mon key tail)hotmial.com
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Hello guys,

I was looking for a thicker, nice quality, headgasket to lower the cr of my supercharged 75 3.0v6 12v.
Can anyone tell me where i can buy one? The car is now knock limmited my tuner sad and he can't further bump up the timing.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Write to these guys here and ask them to make you the gaskets with separate O-rings at your desired thickness. They DO make special orders and they have done them for us for the 2liter V6. I have the std 3liter set from them but you need the O-ring special, which they make for several Alfa engines. http://www.navalineasport.it/home_eg.htm

Jim K.