Alfaaa1
Gold
Gold

Re: Crank angel sensor pulley

Post by Alfaaa1 »

Hi KevinR,

I am now up to this stage with my project.
Would you be able to get photos,
I tried to google this set up but cannot find any info on the net. :!: :
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Hi , this pic is not very good but this Gtv has been running a few seasons with a Gta motor . It has original pulley with 60-2 wheel on . Never been any issues with pulley dampner moving to much ( or at all ) and if it did I would rather the trigger wheel be the indicator that my front pulley is delaminating . I have seen one pulley wheel delaminate . It was on a dry sump Gtv and maybe all the belts were too much - who knows .
I'm currently getting one of my trigger wheels machined with a 140 mm diameter recess in it to press over the pulley along with four countersunk 4mm bolts .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (76.34 KiB) Viewed 5209 times
Alfaaa1
Gold
Gold

Post by Alfaaa1 »

Thankyou KevinR,

105gta,
Do you have photo's of the flywheel and the crank angle sensor mounted.
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

If you worried about bolting trigger wheel on front and want to keep it looking more original by pressing trigger wheel on rear of pulley then remove water pump pulley and either machine two grooves off or bolt it back reversed as it is offset . The original pulley is seven groove and you can run five groove belt . The crank pulley as a 3.5 mm area to press machined trigger wheel on . See pics from my first motor with trigger wheel on rear . It's been running for seven years and no issues with pressing it on the rear .

Note the trigger wheel in bottom pic still needs to be machined to correct diameter .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (53.23 KiB) Viewed 5178 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (215.59 KiB) Viewed 5179 times
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Yo Kevin. That trigger wheel in the bottom frame will never work. It's got a hole in it... :shock:
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

MD so is the one on my car got a hole in it :D but I would be more worried about its mounting position in the bottom frame .
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Here's a pic show how the trigger wheel has had a 140mm recess machine out and pressed onto pulley with four counter sunk bolts . Trigger wheels that are not recessed on do come off .

However on the new ones I'm going to laser cut I'm going to make them much lighter with a whole lot of holes cut around it . This is just unnecessary weight at the moment .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (88.64 KiB) Viewed 5133 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (97.36 KiB) Viewed 5133 times