Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Re: The Orange Cab -MD's New Racer

Post by Jim K »

Yeah, I saw the shark thing too... Did you hear how much that guy makes in a year? About 2.5-3 mil$. So, punching the shark aside, who's to say he didn't also bribe the beast to back off? With that kind of $$ you can afford a payoff! This is a corrupt world we live in... 8)
Jim K.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Here is a recent video of the Cab doing its thing in a Sprint meeting at Lakeside Park Circuit.
https://youtu.be/qr1vcP38fr0
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Nice driving there chief. Love the way the interior looks.

But is it true in Oz, your toilet bowl water spins the wrong way?
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Mate, here we are talkin' about a slick machine and you want swimming lessons down south at a time like this? Far out ! You're not part of the Ninja Turtles Team are ya ?
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

Looking the business there MD! 8)
Any more development work for the Cab planned? Maybe some more aero work like under trays and splitters?
Looks like the steering colum mounts could be made a bit more sturdy.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Thank you.
It's been a long haul to get here and a bloody longer learning curve. I think we all have a natural equilibrium where money, talent and objectives meet. I think I have reached mine. That is not to say this car couldn't be improved upon nor that it is a world beater (unless you are talking to JK then it is a world beater). The time has come to simply enjoy the spoils of getting here. Sure, I can think of plenty of upgrades that I could do if JK was paying the bills but seeing he's such a tight wad you know and I know such things are for dreaming only..

Nice to see you are still in the Alfa fan club as I never really thought you were hard core but I guess we have worn you down.. :D
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Mate, does your TS have an exhaust side VVT? What lump is on the exhaust side pulley? I see more people adding VVT to non-VVT engines. Especially on the intake side because it's easier to retrofit as some of the old Nords came with inlet VVT. One guy on the Alfabb has both VVTs for his 1990's Spider.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Senile old goats seem to have a thing for destroying cars in Oz, thinking they can still drive... :lol: Stop hiding from the guys in white and do us the favor of donating the space between your ears (where normal humans have their brain -it will take a lot of pictures to explain to you what that is) to science. It will greatly contribute to knowledge about the perfect vacuum! Its a marvel -more of an aberration- the skull hasn't imploded yet, that being another field of investigation into material hardness. In the meantime, sit back and take a few hours to look for your teeth so you don't starve to death -well, there's always beetlejuice, but it might be a good idea to stop sniffing high-test gas cans and your dog's private parts! :mrgreen: I would hope by now you've quit using your teeth as wheel chocks in the garage!
Otherwise...have a nice Sunday! :twisted:

Jim K.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH !!
Don't poke the tiger if you want to go home with your aggots in one piece.... :shock:

Even though they got the Greekster in a straight jacket to help him from self harm, he has been known to slip the big toe from under the covers to rattle a keyboard. Regrettably he's got loose again. Apparently you gotta bribe everybody in Greece these days to get the job done and the Sanitarium guards seem to be no exception.

75evo
Standard valves & inlet VVT only. Forged custom pistons. 9:1 CR Custom head gasket. Fully balanced motor. Could pull more power from the engine but I don't want to start the liners walking nor do I want to spend the money to make the modifications to contain that. Just using the KISS rule here. Supercharging and water/meth injection is about as far I want to go.
Cheers.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Oh now I see, that lump on the exhaust cam side was the 75 TS dissy which you prolly modified to use as your cam angle or home signal for your ecu for full sequential setup. At least that's what I think it is.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Bet you are good at golf. You've struck a hole in one.

Actually there is a bit of a story attached to this little sucker. It starts off with a Bosch dizzy but ends up being an optical home signal generator. I teamed up with "festy" who made the electronics and I made up the mechanical internal chopper mods for the light beam.. Recently it has had an upgrade to beef up its capabilities and ensure its reliability. At the heart of it is a Crane Optical trigger but it has only ONE light slot.
Have to give heaps of credit to festy for coming up with the circuit module so that it would talk to the Haltech ECU. That guy is a living, breathing genius.
Attachments
Optical trigger.jpg
Optical trigger.jpg (11.63 KiB) Viewed 8012 times
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Still circulating occasionally. Possibly going to do some mods on it during the year but more likely next year.
Attachments
18879920_1433527036714104_3856091129888983942_o.jpg
18879920_1433527036714104_3856091129888983942_o.jpg (178.31 KiB) Viewed 6628 times
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Which forum is festy on these days? The lad's a genius.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Mate, he is active on this Forum:-
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php
He was posting late July this year so he is definitely still there.
Just cannot say enough about Festy and what a nice person he is as well.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

I know that in the northern hemisphere you are all tucked in and sitting around the fire hugging that tablet for company while we are fighting off bushfires, flooding and enough sunburn to fry eggs on the bonnet (hood).

If you don't have enough boredom in your life, try using 5 minutes up on a vintage Cab run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyczFFeZl9E

Cheers,MD
Attachments
Lakeside Racing.JPG
Lakeside Racing.JPG (247.06 KiB) Viewed 1256 times