Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Hahaha, so that was YOU in that stupid Blue/White striped Innocenti with the racoons tail in the aerial..?
Damn you looked stupid in that shiny latex suit in the blazing sun. :lol:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Naaah! You got me mixed up with Davey Crockett,hahah! :lol:
I was the giant yellow chicken outside the KFC joint, scratching my lower feathers and trying to look intelligent at the same time! :oops:
What's this thread about again,MD?? Shhhhhhhiiiiit,Boohahah! :lol:
Thats it,no more (here, anyway).
Jim K.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey,welcome again Dennis-long time no hear(read??)Glad your following all this crapiola.Im actually going to post under a psuedonym from now on....

Lets ask Corleone(Michael)what he thinks of all this??(youd better reply in the positive,cause e-mails are so impersonal...)

Mats,I cant even remember all the cr*p you and Jim wrote,so I wont respond to that.....GPS for altitude??Dont you need a barometer or something for altitude??(I obviously dont have a GPS...)
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Yeah Barry, you only go by your built-in yardstick, quit bragging,we know! :lol:
Jim K.
MD
Verde
Verde

Site feedback

Post by MD »

I hate to say this (but you just know I will) all you looneys (I'm fine)need a crazy corner to swap this home grown humour. Otherwise the rest of the good folk who are trying to get some technical info are going to get a bit miffed.

So to set an example, I'm doin' a turtle and pullin' my head in. (No Jim, leave it cause I can read the comeback already)
Last edited by MD on Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Track & Race cars

Post by Michael »

Andrew.b wrote:Hey Michael

How about a dedicated section for track and racing cars, where we could discuss set-up/products ect. Also review race only components?? What do you think?

Andrew
No worries - excellent idea :D
Michael
1981 GTV6
MD
Verde
Verde

Race Cars and Track Preparation

Post by MD »

Thanks Michael,

Judging by the good humour this section has kicked off within a spirit of "getting to know you", the section should produce some great stuff in the long run for the benfit of everyone interested in racing Alfa transaxles.
Last edited by MD on Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Hmm, this means we can't discuss the 75 in here? Bummer... :/
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MD
Verde
Verde

Race Cars and Track Preparation

Post by MD »

Don't see why not Matts. The spirit of the thing is to share info applicable to Alfa transaxled cars so I have no problem with it. It would be a shame not to benefit from that knowledge base. Particulary when we are crossfitting components from one to the other etc.

On another plane I am looking for a racing recepie from someone who has perhaps campaigned a reasonably tough 2 litre and is happy to share the make up of this car because they have moved onto other things or just happy to share period.

What I mean is instead of doing a lot of trial and error of what works and what is a bit ordinary by incorporating lots of individual ideas from this forum, I would love to see the racing package (recepie) as a whole in the one info set.

So for example the contributor would list the actual suspension make up, transmission, brake details, engine mods and so on. The idea being that there should be enough detail for a reader to work with this info and go out and replicate this vehicle for competition in another part of the planet ..er like the land of Oz :D

Sure, I have a great road car and have lots of ideas about a race car but never made one or campaigned one so there is nothing like experience to get you there. Once you have done it, well then I guess it's up to you to improve your own rigg according to your own excpectations but getting started is a great leg up.

Don't care if it is a sedan or coupe you campaigned we can always transpose the info as needed. Remember, it's the package info that's of interest.

So if this is you, tell us what we need to know.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

"Race Cars and Track preparation
116 Series Alfa Transaxle discussions ONLY."

The 75 is series 162... ;)

2 Litre engine or car?
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MD
Verde
Verde

Race Cars

Post by MD »

Hi Matts

I will leave the academic debate about 75's in or out for others to express their opinions as it is of no material significance to me for the purposes of gathering knowledge about what is materially the same car. Moving on..

The information should be about a 2 litre car to satisfy my need for information.

Of course there is no reason why we couldn't benefit from information about all capacitites if we have enough contributors. The more the merrier as they say..
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Well, then I guess that we should exclude this car from the secret hand-shake club? :)
Attachments
75.IMSA.jpg
75.IMSA.jpg (26.98 KiB) Viewed 10102 times
75.IMSA.jpg
75.IMSA.jpg (26.98 KiB) Viewed 10168 times
Last edited by junglejustice on Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Mats wrote:Hmm, this means we can't discuss the 75 in here? Bummer... :/
I might have exposed my bias a bit there :shock:

I really meant to say that this area is for Alfa Transaxle racing car discussion only - the best of them being the 116 series, naturally...
:wall:
Michael
1981 GTV6
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Ha-ha! Nice save Michael! :lol:
Are you signed up for Wednesday night? I may be running the new 1750 GTV purchase - stay tuned!
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Hey John:

Yep - signed up! 1st 'night' session for the NWARC which should be interesting.
I'm still installing the Euro bumpers .. suspension is lowered closer to Rons specs :D
Looking forward to seeing your GTV too.

Cheers,
Michael
1981 GTV6