Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

nvenuto wrote:Mats-
you make a good point. I neglected to say that I have already done the cylinder heads and done all new bearings. Since I can make my own manifolding I figured 2k was a good figure for pistons, rings, any machine work etc... What do you think?
I think that if you are going to do it right you will need at least:

Aftermarket ECU
2xturbos
Pistons
Intercooler
all the pipes (air) and hoses (water and oil)
silicone hoses for all the pipe-joints

(computer and some extra stuff for mapping like exhaust temp sensors and broadband lambda sensor.)

this is if you can make all the exhaust work yourself, yoiu need a set of manifolds with THICK flanges and new downpipes + complete exhaust.
There are always millions of small stupid stuff you need to make, like a crank sensor pickup for the ECU, not easy and will take time.

BIG project that will take a lot of time and money to do right. You can of course throw some stuff togheter thet will work every full-moon (unless its a holiday) and will drive you mental becaus you will be chasing around some problem that will lead to that part you didn't do right the first time.

Me Negative? Realistic maybe, I've done a couple of those "cheap-screamer" cars myself so I know what it's like being stranded in the middle of nowhere with an exploded intercooler... :wink:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
drew_s`b`r
Silver
Silver

Post by drew_s`b`r »

ive informed all the guys from melbourne who used to be on the old forums...patzooo, gtv6gptt etc...

we thought the forums had fallen off the face of the earth! we were beside ourselfs! hehehe
-drew (aka sh*tbmxrider)

2005 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo- 230rwkw
2010 Isuzu D-Max LS-M
1990 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7ie
otter
Silver
Silver

Post by otter »

hi drew good to hear you guys are back.
pitty about the 33 but then again after seeing you at the spectaccolo i wondered how long it would last . . . :P
so many times, people have drifted into my racing line and slowed down to early.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Did not know where to post this but I needed to share this with you guys-Remember that we did not get the gtr skyline in S.A.

The 200sx fitted with the rb26 engine -stock std internals-has just cranked out 514 wheel hp on 1.4 bar boost!!!

Do you know how much you have to do to a 24v Alfa to get this reliably????This thing is the most fun you can get with a car -you do need a tyre sponsor though.

Barry
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

A couple of guys up here cranked out 765.1Hp @ 7700rpm out of a SR20DET.
That was on race fuel thugh, only 628.5 @ 8000rpm on unleaded 95. :D

Pretty wild. :twisted:
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Wow, Barry, that's a lot of power! I am curious what type of fuel it was burning. A stock engine handling that much boost is very impressive. What is a RB26? An inline 6?
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:D Greg,the rb 26 is a Nissan straight six of 2.6l capacity.Its fitted as std with 2x turbos and the usual brilliant Nissan engine management.As std it runs 6x throttle bodies in an enclosed plenum.The bottom end is super strong .It encorporates a full bearing cradle supporting the block.It weighs a sh*tload, but I suppose thats the price you have to pay.Std it is claimed to produce 274 hp.but It was soon seen that Nissan were very conservative and it is deemed to be closer to 315 hp.

The motor we have here is a cutout from the land of the rising sun and Is fitted with a single turbo and Haltech management.The latter was fitted here.

285hp-wheel-at 0.7bar boost-93ron octane
514hp-wheel-at1.4bar boost-102 racing gas.

I believe the owner wants to see what the limit will be on 95 unleadded for daily driving.

I tell you unashamedly that I want an r33 or r34 badly!!4wheel drive .4 wheel steering.Street cred to die for..

Check out back copies of "Turbo and hightech magazine"

Barry
Attachments
Heavymods1.jpg
Heavymods1.jpg (60.54 KiB) Viewed 9614 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

We are going to put an rb26 into a 240z soon...
Attachments
Heavymods2.jpg
Heavymods2.jpg (60.06 KiB) Viewed 9613 times
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

And the SR20DET is a 2.0 liter four-banger... Nissan engine too.
It's quite mad.

Turbonetics T70Q, Autronic SM2, 1600cc injectors... Too much to list actually, they even redid the oil and water systems.

Pretty much dead under 6000 rpm though. :shock:
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Awwwww guys!

FINALLY I FOUND THIS FORUM AND SITE AGAIN!

As for the SR20, same problems with Alfa motors- alloy block, flexes under big load, warps the block, because the liners arent thick enough. Serious motors use a Autodelta/Beninca style monoblock- ie >400hp, like the Honda boys too. AND they have crappy cam on valve bucket arrangement which apparently fails under decent RPM.

Nvenuto, if you can fab. stuff for yourself, then go for it, but as Barry will tell you, it aint for the faint hearted!

J
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Thanks for the info Barry. It really looks good. I don't recal ever seeing that engine here in the USA. Is it as good or better then the Toyota inline 6 out of the 93+ Supras? Nissans over here tend to be V6s post 1983.
4SFED4
Gold
Gold

Post by 4SFED4 »

Greg,

You are right, we did not see the RB25 or 26 family here is the states. The Z cars here used the VG30 DETT engine.

As far as the Toyota v Nissan motor... you will get camps arguing for each. Both, in my opinion, are very well engineered and robustly designed for a street motor.

Here is more info than you probably wanted...

RB25-DE
Type: 2498cc EFI DOHC 24 valve 6cyl
Power: 134kW (180hp) @ 6000rpm
Torque: 225Nm (166lbft) @ 5200rpm
Gearboxes: RWD 5-Speed and 4-Speed Auto
Source: 92-95 Cefiro and Skyline

RB25-DET
Type: 2498cc EFI DOHC 24 valve 6cyl turbo
Power: 187kW (251hp) @ 6400rpm
Torque: 295Nm (218lbft) @ 4800rpm
Source: 1993+ Skyline GTS-25t

RB26-DETT
Type: 2597cc EFI DOHC 24 valve 6cyl twin turbo
Power: 208kW (279hp) @ 6800rpm
Torque: 368Nm (272lbft) @ 4400rpm
Gearboxes: North-South AWD 6-Speed
Source: Skyline R32, R33, R34 GT-R's AWD, Stagea

VG30-DETT
Type: 2998cc EFI DOHC 24 valve V6 twin turbo/twin intercooled
Power: 208kW (279hp) @ 6400rpm
Torque: 388Nm (286lbft) @ 3600rpm
Source: 1989+ 300ZX twin turbo

-Brian

PS Japanese manufacturers had a gentlemans agreement to not make a motor with more than 276BHP... the HP figures shown for the turbo motors is shown lower than actual in keeping with said agreement.