jrreeve
Gold
Gold

Post by jrreeve »

What do you guys think about 235/40's on the rear? Should be doable since the tires are static. According to this

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

They are not that much bigger in diameter. But i'm more worried about the overall section width.

Anyone ever tried this? I think i've heard this somewhere before...i just don't remember where.

Rob
MD
Verde
Verde

Suspension

Post by MD »

I understand that in an ideal situation, the rear track should not be larger than the front track. In fact it should be less so as not to deminish handling characteristics. You may get more traction at the price of handling. Take your pick.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Post by gtv11636 »

Wish someone was making the Campagnolos in 16 \ 17 Custom made like this company who made the SZ rims in 18, The first Photoshop picture on this Topic says it all, they Just look Best! :(
PaulyCC
Silver
Silver

Post by PaulyCC »

Yea the campy's are really nice, I realize now that diameter wise 15 is o. k. i guess, but the offset is so high and rim width so low that the wheel is like 2 1/2 inches inside the wheel well, and that is just what makes it look hokey.

Anyways, update, still havent gotten my wheels, i really wanted the Compo's but shelling out about 4 bills a pop takes some convincing for me. I like the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1 and the OZ superleggera's too (both 12 spoked but different) so i might be heading down that way, I still like the 5 spoke design or flat holes like the GTAM campy's the best though for older cars.

a few questions I have, anybody got the Pirelli Nero M+S's on their Alfa? Im trying to figure out which tire im gonna go with. I usually do Yokohama's but the Pirelli Nero M+S and BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW=2's look like nice tires for the size, dry and wet, and price I need. 215/40/17

does having a 20mm offset on a gtv6 do any damage to wheel bearings?