tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Simmons.

Post by tImBoWe »

Gonna get some Simmons wheels sorted for my 86/87? Just need to know what you guys reckon would be the best dimensions for offset? Like you can have them custom made front and rear. Looks like to me that the rear offset could be a bit less to fill out the guards a little. The front slightly set inboard as not to foul the guards when turning/ rough roads ect.. Read here its not really advisable to run two different trye sizes front and rear. Probably gonna go with a 16"x 7.5" with maybe 215/205 50 profile. Need to have a reasonable side wall for our semi rugged roads {in places}. Thinking about nolothane bushes as well. Any thoughts? :?: Thanx Tim.
MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Post by MerrilGordon »

I think 16x7.5 is an excellent choice as it does allow for some sidewall. I'm waiting for a posting on optimal offsets as well. Hope someone has that info. I wonder if a 205 maybe too narrow for that wide of a wheel ?
Merril
82 GTV6 3.0
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

I'm running 205/45-16 on my verde - 205 is not too narrow for the wheel. But it is not a whole lot of side wall. Note that the above is very close to stock diameter of rim+tire, which you want to maintain if you are concerned about accurate spedometer, odometer, and stock gearing. Also larger diameter and/or tread width could cause clearance issues. Though, I'm mostly familiar with the Milano/75, and the above is all related to my verde, but I'm guessing it is similar for the GTV6.

Also, note that the selection of R-compound tires for track use can be somewhat limited for 16" - if you care.

Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Maybe 215/ 45 or similar looks like no worries at the rear. There seems a lot of space to fill hence the offset question. Speedo should'nt be too much of a problem either. Could live with a 2/3 km discrepency. With the Greg Gordon intake kit, shes up in the power dept as well. Able to handle slightly higher gearing. Cheerz for the input. Tim. {walking}.