Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Wow, sounds like a large project..
We would definetly need a technical genius for a moderator for that one.

Race was cancelled due to rain BTW, bummer as I qualified Fourth.... :(
They're talking about running it later in the year though, that would be nice. :D
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Yeah, right Mats, I can see it coming now, when we set out again for the Ring in late Sept./early Oct., you'll be saying you need the bucks for the postponed race and can't make it! :twisted:
Jim K.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Nah, that would be during the second time at the same track. We drive that track two times a year = no additional cost. :)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Hippo58
Silver
Silver

Post by Hippo58 »

Hey guys... I think we went a bit off-topic (again!).

It is the man that gives us this forum that asks for help! :roll:

Michael, I don't know if you got any further with this or if Ron contacted you. I hope the ones that have allready installed an RS kit will help soon (Jim??). In the meantime I will speculate a bit.

Given that the bushes and everything in the kit are the proper ones, and if the secondary spring is there for the rattling (as per Mats), there might be a possibility to compress the top bush by cranking down the helper spring and thus give more shock travel. That will raise the car of course and it will have to be adjusted from the torsion bars again.

This might prove to be totally stupid but I haven't seen any close-up photo to determine how big the top shock bush is. :oops:

Good luck.
Petros. Transaxleista!
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Well, the coil-over doesn't come with any - at least ours (for the 3.7s) didn't. Either you re-use your stock rubber (bushing), or your get a poly, or nothing? So, there is obviously some room for variations there...

We haven't completed the front suspension yet, so not sure if we will face the same issue.

Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Michael, I had a somewhat similiar problem when I installed mine but I thought my rubber bumpstop wasn't as thick as yours? Mine looked like it only had that bottom bit and Ron reckons if you have about 1-2cm it may be ok.
BTW, have you had trouble contacting Ron? I haven't been able to get hold of him the last week.
Regards,
Brian