Verde

Post by Micke »

yeah. Matched Superman and the Fantom too :roll:
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Update:

I have installed the AVO coilovers with 150lb/in springs. This is on a 3.0 V6 75/milano with a slightly lightned front end, (AC and power steering deleted).
The terrible handling I was suffering from before has been improved upon dramaticly. Strangely, ride quality has improved drastically. I drive on Mexican roads that are not pretty. I was expecting to suffer from a bumpy ride after adding spring rate, 150lbs/in isnt enough to make things bumpy at all. I plan to experiment with different spring rates in the future.
I did some grinding on the upper control arms to accomodate these springs, but it wasnt dramatic. These AVOs seem to be a good alternative to the expensive designer suspensions. The shocks I have dont seem to be an off the shelf part, so anyone who wants to go this route needs to know that the RSR and Benninca setups will be easier to impliment.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Did you use the brakects I sent? What about the springs, did you get newer longer ones with higher rate? In any case glad it worked out for you.
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

I did use the brackets that you sent. I finally got them sent to Mexico. Thanks for sending them on.
I am still using the same springs that you used. I wanted to run them before getting anything else. This way I can experience a starting point before I try a different front spring rate.
Thanks again Zamani!