Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

I ride mate, and I'll tell you that a steering damper is so handy on rippled or pot-holed roads. I can imagine it would be good on a car too, but i never thought about it.
The practice is that it's connected on one clip-on (handlebar) and then on the chassis so there is less free movement of the steering. it's just like a suspension damper and you can set stiffness.

How does it work on a car?
jol
Silver
Silver

Post by jol »

Alfettish wrote:I ride mate, and I'll tell you that a steering damper is so handy on rippled or pot-holed roads. I can imagine it would be good on a car too, but i never thought about it.
The practice is that it's connected on one clip-on (handlebar) and then on the chassis so there is less free movement of the steering. it's just like a suspension damper and you can set stiffness.

How does it work on a car?
Actually wrote a simple report on the steering on the Audi 80 -83 i had at the time some years ago :)
Attachments
damper.JPG
damper.JPG (67.66 KiB) Viewed 3529 times
damper 2.JPG
damper 2.JPG (60.59 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
The milano very sold, some day some other Alfa...
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

Just had a look at it, its a BOGE brand - I will get the part number and see what info I can get out of Boge germany.
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

For thos who may be interested I had a look today and the Part Number is 1-0033-22-820-0
underneath the part number is a 40
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose