cchan
Platinum
Platinum

82 GTV6 wheel set up

Post by cchan »

It was suggested that I post here for my question on the wheels. No problem, just learing BB manners.

I was wondering if there is an agreed upon wheel size, offset, width for the Alfa GTV6 performance set up. For example AMG has a standard for their models that they study and then they set up their models. (IE: E63,E55, S55, S65, etc). Another example is the M set up for the BMW's ( M3, M5, M6).

I am thinking about upgrading the wheels & tires on my Alfa and just researching the options so that I can make an educated decision.

Thanks. :D
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Nothing agreed.

However, if you'd use the search function there's probably a ton on discussion about wheels and tires.
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

If you are looking for knowledgable wheel conversation. Search for Ronal USA on the web and call them up. I have a set of their 3 piece g1001 and a set of the rt. I run 17x7.5 rims. Both sets of rims are a little heavy. The g1001 were on sale when i bought them for 250 each (as a side note: a few years after buying them it cost another 1000 to have them all restored after a couple bends and a curbing incident). I think the best bang for the buck is Team dynamics Pro Race rims. They are light, fairly inexpensive, and available in custom sizes.
Vittorio
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

cchan,
Understand this. Too many people period, talk about wheel sizes as if that is the only criteria to be considered to upgrade your car in this area. This is not the case. The ONLY criteria is ultimately your survival.

Why? Because it is the combination of rim size, tyre sidewall size and prevailing road conditions in your country that will determine whether you will get a blow out on the first day or run the tyres incident free for the life of the tyres(tires).

Running big diameter rims and very small sidewalls to make them fit under the guards on roads that are not glass smooth like on a good race track is a recepie for disaster. Keep it mind.

As I do not know what your road conditions are, it is impossible to say what tyre rim combo is right for you. Get some LOCAL advice. This is an international site which for many things is perfect but in this specific case, your solutions best come from around the areas you are likely to drive.

So for you, back to plan A.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

For a more local answer....from Fresno ... around here the roads are worse than the bay area by a bit....seems that if you run lower than a 50 profile you'll start bending rims.

hth
scott