SPAIN
Silver
Silver

WRONG WHEELS? WRONG TYRES ? OR BOTH

Post by SPAIN »

This is an emergency. I bought a set of Zender milanos (17 x 7,5, ET 25) on ebay for my gtv6. In order to comply with spanish legislation I decided to fit 205/45 Michelin Pilot Tyres ; This would not vary the overall diameter of the wheel. Surprise !!! They rub on the front spoiler and also at the back when turning. (by the way the car is still under restoration and have not driven the car ). I seeked advise from Dennis de Rooy (same wheels) who told me not to panic and suggested I lengthened the castor arm and to fiddle with the allignment of the wheels. I thank Dennis for his help. Unfortunately I am no expert and after trying have not stopped the rubbing. Am I wasting my time? Will it never work? I am desperate because I have bought the tyres and cannot return them . I am stuck after having spent 600 euros. Please any suggestions????
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Spain

You have a problem alright. Wrong ET. Wheel too big. Tyre Aspect ratio too tall.

Some possibilities:

Restore original wheel alignment.

1 Cut off a portion of the spoiler "inner" section on both sides to allow wheel to move through.
2 Install a steering stop so that the amount of turn lock to lock is much smaller and does not allow the tyre to rubb the inner guard because it cannot go there. If you dont want to do the above,
3 Sell the tyres and buy a much smaller profile. Between 35-40 aspect ratio. Try one first and see if it fits and does the job.

May only need to do that for the front pair. If you are not stuck for bucks, keep the original front tyres and only use them on the back.

Be aware this will change the vehicle stance. Low front, higher back.

You are stuck with the offset and rim width.

I wish I could guarantee that this will fix your problem but I can't do that. However I am sure it will all help
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

i have milanos on my gtv6, but with 30mm offset and 205/40 front, and 225/40 rear....no problem at all...