Furrikain
Silver
Silver

Looking for specific brand of wheels

Post by Furrikain »

I've been a long time lurker here and finally registered since i have a question that's probably best directed at American GTV6 enthusiasts:

I'm looking for the brand and model of the rims in this picture:

In Europe we have the split rim Zenders, which kind of look like these, but imo they're nowhere near as nice. I've also seen the Etoile rims which were recommended in the European Car tech articles, but these seem to be impossible to get as well (even though France is a two hour drive away for me).

So, anyone with any info on these wheels concercing brand, size, etc?

If you know of a different rim that's quite similar, i'd love to hear about that as well.

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: just found this picture, according to the owner the wheels are Simmons B45. Are these the wheels i'm after and if so, can they be easily found today?

Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Simonds wheels are made from recycled kangeroo poo... :D :D

Ask the Ozzies about them..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Furrikain
Silver
Silver

Post by Furrikain »

Barry wrote:Simonds wheels are made from recycled kangeroo poo... :D :D

Ask the Ozzies about them..
I found their website, and they seem to have international distributors, but NOT a European one (strangely enough they do have one in Hong Kong and Brunei) :evil:

Something tells me getting a set here will cost me a lot of money, more than i was looking to spend :?

Too bad, i've been looking for nice 16" wheels worthy of replacing my stock BWA Benzoni's for quite some time now, but oh well, who needs wheels made of poo anyway ;)
Last edited by Furrikain on Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

how about some image wheels?

www.imagewheels.co.uk
Furrikain
Silver
Silver

Post by Furrikain »

enzo wrote:how about some image wheels?

www.imagewheels.co.uk
I'm not really a fan of the flat five spoke design on the GTV6 tbh, i've always felt that's more of a 75 wheel.

What i love about the Simmons wheels is that the center has a real oldskool Alfa feel to it. It reminds me of the ATS rims that are often to be seen on Giulia's:

I love your Grand Prix by the way, the pictures on your website were the very first i ever saw of a GP; they even made me want to buy a GP bodykit :)
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

Simmons wheels are totally awesome but very expensive, but can be custom.
Give the factory a call or send them an email and they'll be more than happy to have a chat (when I spoke to the dude there we had a 15 minute conversation about transaxle Alfas).
Furrikain
Silver
Silver

Post by Furrikain »

Alfettish wrote:Simmons wheels are totally awesome but very expensive, but can be custom.
Give the factory a call or send them an email and they'll be more than happy to have a chat (when I spoke to the dude there we had a 15 minute conversation about transaxle Alfas).
Could you give me a ballpark idea about how expensive "expensive" just is? ;)

To be honest, when i first saw the wheels, i thought they were just some obscure eighties wheels (kind of reminded me of the Gotti's that were standard on the GTV6 Production), now that i know they're newly produced "high end" wheels i'd have to import from Australia, i don't think it's likely i'll be buying some in the near future. :lol: :x

If someone knows a few other brands that produce or have produced similar wheels, i'd love to hear about it.
scott.venables
Gold
Gold

Post by scott.venables »

I don't really know how much Simmons wheels are but I would guess AUD800 (450eur) each. Don't quote me though.

They aren't light either, the 15X7 simmons B45s I just repainted weighed 7.8 kg.

There is an almost identical thread to this of the BB:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=33648

Scott V
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Simonds wheels are made from recycled kangeroo poo...
Hey Bazza,

Lucky for Simmons and the rest of the planet you can't spell Simmons or KANGAROO... :D

http://www.simmonswheel.com.au/
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Simmons are a very high quality wheel. Maybe $400 US for the F90's. Made to any requirement.
Attachments
Simmons F90.JPG
Simmons F90.JPG (47.66 KiB) Viewed 11312 times
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

$645 AUD each for 16x7s.
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

I have a set of silver B45's from my gtv6 for sale if you are interested.
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

pancho wrote:I have a set of silver B45's from my gtv6 for sale if you are interested.

Specs? How much?
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

Silver in colour, size - not sure, I got them with the car.

they are 15" polished lips - I pulled one apart and cleaned it up. Got all new bolts and 4x new Simmons centre caps for them check the one I did up here Image
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

Nice wheels.
I'm keen on 16s but my old man will be keen; he's in the process of dismantling a 90 to build a GTV6 out of a GTV and wants 15" Simmons for it.

Let me know width (measure from inner to inner) and your price and I'll get back to you.
Sorry for the hijack.