John Brase
Silver
Silver

GTV6 Wheel Offset

Post by John Brase »

Does anyone know offhand the correct wheel offset for the GTV6?

And/or, will wheels from a Milano fit a GTV6 without causing interference?

John
John Brase
'84 GTV6
'78 BMW R100RS
ingegnere
Gold
Gold

Post by ingegnere »

John

The Offset of the GTV6 wheels is 43mm.
I think the Milano wheel will fit without any problem, but it's offset is 39mm as far as I know.

But talking about wheels as an engineer, I would say always stick to the factory prescribed offset, but as a GTV6 owner I say choose the best/coolest to your purpose. :lol:

Mine has Zenders with an offset of 17 (!), and I use it without any problem. (Although I know I will have to replace bearings earlier than normal.) :roll:
'The GTV': '83 GTV6; (summer)
' Mr Brown': '82 Alfetta 2000L; (family car)
'The Little Red': '79 Alfasud 1.3 Super; (under restoration)
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Not sure what the stock offset is, but on aftermarket wheels, people always talk about a 30mm offset.

The normal Milano wheels are the same as the GTV6 wheels, but there are two different Verde wheels, the '87 speedline wheels are the same offset as the milano and GTV6 wheels, but the '88-'89 wheels have more offset and are made by someone other than speedline, I have both sets at home and can vouch for the difference.
Dave R
Silver
Silver

Post by Dave R »

I think Sam W is correct. I believe the stock offset for the Milano is 30 mm. I just put on a set of wheels on my Milano that have a 38 mm offset and I used a 5 mm spacer. The new tires, 205/50's are 20 mm wider than the original stock. So this setup put the center of the tread close to the stock.

I've just gone through similar research for my Spider, which I believe, also has a 30 mm offset.

I've read that the front wheel drive 164's are 38 mm.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Dave R,

The Milano Verde came with 3 types of wheels:

Wine glass (or whatever) pattern, Speedline: 15 X 6.5mm 45mm offset
Telephone dial pattern, Speedline: 15 X 6.5mm 45mm offset
Telephone dial pattern, Benzoni: 15 X 6.5mm 30 mm offset
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I didn't know there were two types of phone dials for the Verde. Is one type better then the other?
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Hi Greg,

The C. BWA & Benzoni wheels are just as bad as the speedline wheels IMHO. Both bend easily.
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

They also use different center caps, the speedlines, use the standard gtv6/75 center caps, the Benzoni use the later 164 center caps, why? I don't know...

The Benzoni's look better (to me) since they set a little wider and fill the fenders flares of the Verde better.
JoeCab
Silver
Silver

Post by JoeCab »

Zamani,

All of the Verden wheels are 6" wide, not 6.5".

Joe
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Yes, Joe is correct. All are 6" wide.
andy116
Silver
Silver

Zender aftermarket offsets

Post by andy116 »

Hi all, first post on the new site, great stuff here, keep it coming. :D

I'm looking at fitting a set of Zender rims (17" by 7.5") to my GTV6 - and I'm a bit cautious on offset. I've been able to track down a set with ET25 and another with ET30 - any ideas which would be better? Would there even be much difference between the two?

Another question - I'm aware that the GTV6 hub sits at 58.5mm - are Zenders (Milanos in this case) right in this dimension, or will I be looking at some stuffing around here?

I've seen photos of various GTV6's with the same wheels (unsure about offset) so I'm guessing there shouldn't be too big a problem fitting them.

Thanks in advance and cheers!
Dennis
Gold
Gold

Post by Dennis »

Hey Andy! How the hell did you find a couple of milano's in OZ?

I have them with ET25 and that's fine. I would like them wider on the rear though. Mind you, these wheels are heavy! You have to work the center to 59mm, because the centers are 58.........

But, they sure look great!
'81 GTV6 3.0 QV
'91 75 TS (track)
'02 BMW 330i Touring
Peter A
Silver
Silver

Zender wheels

Post by Peter A »

http://www.spoilers.com/salecars.htm

This is the link for Erebuni Corp., an outfit out of NYC that sells body kits including Lester kits for Alfas. On their site for sale is a set of Zender wheels with correct 98mm bolt pattern. Just an FYI if you are looking to complete a set of wheels (I think they had four wheels, maybe five).
andy116
Silver
Silver

Post by andy116 »

G'day Dennis,

Thanks for the info, didn't think they'd be too many problems. One of the sets is actually located in New Zealand, close enough though! :)

So, has anybody had any experience with ET30 rims at 17x7.5"? Like I said, I'm guessing it's not a problem but I won't be in much of a position to return the things should they not really fit!

Cheers
jrreeve
Gold
Gold

Post by jrreeve »

Anyone throw 164's wheels under a GTV-6 yet? Will 164 Supperleggera's under a GTV-6 work...

Rob