DOGFOOD
Silver
Silver

Metric Tires

Post by DOGFOOD »

I am in need of some new tires for my GTV6. I took my wheels to the local firestone for replacement tires and the clerk told me the wheels are metric and I will not be able to find replacement tires in the U.S. Only oversea order for alot of money.. Is this really the case? The original tires are Michelin TRX 200/60HR365. If this is the case can anyone point me towards inexpensive wheels and tires or a compatible tire for my wheels? The wheels are stamped speedline SL163/H and 150TR365FH-40. Im not looking to spend a ton of money-I just need safe tires to get this car driving.
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

The only thing compatible to the Michelin TRX system is TRX tires.

Do some googling of "TRX" and you'll find answers.

I don't think anybody developed any new TRX tires in the last 10 years. They build new ones now and then and you can buy them for a "nice price".

Basically you can build nice table stands of the rims :-(
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

I have a set of 14in wheels and new Michelin Pilot touring tires that I could stand to part with. Otherwise, just look for a junk yard with a Milano Verde or GTV6 and get 15in wheels that way. They will not be very expensive. That is what I would do.
You could then buy some Kumho 711 tires for $70 each and have a good setup.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

I will soon have a set of 4 15 inch used Campi's (painted black) with new 225's on the rears and OK 205's for the fronts....see pic at left
Peter A
Silver
Silver

Post by Peter A »

just went to the coker tire website. trx metric tire, 200hr365 is $294! Wow. Not even the VR version. And they suck. For a cheap solution get a set of the early gtv6 campagnolo wheels (stronger than the later ones, and light to boot). Even a real good tire like pilot exalto PE2 in 205-15 is not too expensive. I think X-rad's wheels are this type. I paid $50 a wheel for mine that I use for track tires, you can probably get them even cheaper. The guys in stockton (Alfa parts exchange) have these wheels.
DOGFOOD
Silver
Silver

Post by DOGFOOD »

Thanks for the replies, I ended up ordering from Alfa Parts Exchange. Thankfully they have what I'm looking for, I'm going with the 15" campagnolo wheels. Now, only to decide what tires to get :lol: