1300gtjunior
Silver
Silver

Ronal Turbo's for GTV6

Post by 1300gtjunior »

Hello,

Am desperately seeking a set of 15 x 7.5 Ronal Turbo's for my GTV6, can anybody help?

I have attached a piture to help...

Alex
Attachments
Dutch GTV.jpg
Dutch GTV.jpg (53.9 KiB) Viewed 15104 times
scott.venables
Gold
Gold

Post by scott.venables »

Try Schmidt wheels. They make some that look very similar.

http://www.german-wheels.com/produkte/database/?sd=true

Cheers, Scott
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

http://www.ronalusa.com/wheels.html

Ronal has them but they have writing on them now. It's really bad.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

if Ronal painted on or stamped lettering, maybe they will make you a set without letters....if casted in the rim, no go
1300gtjunior
Silver
Silver

Post by 1300gtjunior »

Thank's guys,

I took a look at the Schmidt site but some how the ones they make don't appear to have the classic look of the originals. Do you know where I could source a set of originals? it would be interesting to know which 116 Series models these Ronal Turbos were originally intended for, i.e were they a factory option or were they always after market? I read on www.alfasport.net that they were standard on the GTV6 Grand Prix supplied to the Swiss market, but I feel as though this may not be true because all the GP's I've seen have a classic looking BBS Multispoke.
I feel as though the original wheels on the GTV6 somehow do not do it justice, it's also a difficult car to match up with wheels. Any more help on sourcing the original Ronal rims would be most appreciated however I feel as though it may be an impossible task...

By the way Ronal don't do a Turbo with a 5 stud pattern!

Regards

Alex
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

alex

a guy on the swiss forum is selling a 75 TB with ronals on it...you can ask him if he will sell only the wheels...

chrisgtv ät hotmail
1300gtjunior
Silver
Silver

Post by 1300gtjunior »

Hey Chris,

Thank you so much for finding this out, I really want to make him an offer but I can't find out where the car is being sold can you please supply me with a link?

Cheers

Alex
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

my name ist enzo....chris is the name of the guy who sells the car...he's mail adress is chrisgtv ät hotmail...m
1300gtjunior
Silver
Silver

Post by 1300gtjunior »

Hi Enzo,

So sorry, I have e-mailed chrisgtv and asked him if he will sell me the wheels, I hope he does!!

Do you know if there is retailer in Switzerland who deals in these kinds of wheels?

If you hear of anybody else who is interested in selling a set of Ronal turbo's to an Englishman then please let me know, I would be very gratful :D

Alex
Last edited by 1300gtjunior on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

@1300gtjunior: please remove the email address from chris in your answer, otherwise he can get lots of spam :shock:
1300gtjunior
Silver
Silver

Post by 1300gtjunior »

Hey,

The owner sold the car yesterday so I have asked for the new owners e-mail address to ask him if he would consider selling them! God these are seriously difficult wheels to find!! I need more than luck to find them :shock:

Thanks Enzo

:D
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

hmm...4x100 are "easy" to find....i will ask on the swiss forum if someone has a set...where are you from?
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Alex: call Ronal directly...they were very helpful for me and fast shipped parts to me...and they have 5 x 98 patterns ...I am sure there is a dealer near you...
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

or something like that?

1300gtjunior
Silver
Silver

Post by 1300gtjunior »

Sorry guys have been away,

I contacted ronal and they said that they do not do a 5 stud ronal turbo anymore, Enzo has identified the exact wheel I want but I need it in a 5 stud for the 6 cylinder model alfetta.

Guys thanks for your help,anymore news on where to source a set of these highly desirable wheels would be much appreciated.

Alex

P.S I live in London where you can never do more than 20 mph and the only place to strech the Alfas legs on are on the motorways at night or in the country side during the weekends, In this city it's all speed cameras and road humps, traffic calming measures gone mad!!! they don't even have traffic wardens in some places here now, you pull up to get some milk for 30 seconds and the next thing you know you get a letter in the post with a photo of your car because you stopped on a single yellow line (which sould be fine in most cases on a saturday!! but they change the parking regulations every bloody year) with a £50 fine, there is no escape London is anti-car!!