bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Rear Shocks removal

Post by bteoh »

Does anybody have a simple technique of removing the rear standard shocks from the GTV6? The locking nut is proving difficult to remove because the nut above it is quite narrow, thus fitting a 19mm spanner doesn't leave much room for the 17mm spanner to grip the locking nut. I managed to get one locking nut out but the nut beneath that seems to spin together with the shaft of the shock. Probably a rattle gun would be handy but I haven't got access to one at the moment. Any one with a good tip that I can use? Thanks
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Buy a cheap 19mm spanner for the job and grind it down for the thickness of the room you need. It only needs to stop the spin.. if you haven't got a grinder sell the cat and use the bucks to get one.. :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Thanks MD,

Ducked out to Bunnings and bought some el cheapo spanners, set of 8 made in India spanners for $8 . The open ended side was very thin and fitted the 19mm nut beautifully :) Didn't even have to take out the grinder :) Cheers
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Can't really say that a good tool in the hand is worth more than pussy but it sure looks that way... keep that up and they are bound to chuck us both out of town, ha haa :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse