Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Koni Shock - Ever seen it?

Post by Rookie ROX »

Hi guys,

Quick piece of trivia for you all.

I picked up a complete parts car a few months ago, and when investigating the condition and what it had, we discovered some odd looking shocks on the rear. Now I know they're Koni's (obviously) and I believe the part number on it is 8000-1267.

So has anyone ever seen anything like these before? Know anything about them?

I recently put them on my car as a temporary replacement after the bottom stem (for want of a better word) on my rear left Koni Yellow that connects the shock to the DeDion snapped clean off whilst driving around town. So far I haven't felt any real difference between the two, but I'm still interested in finding out what I can.

ROCK ON
R~R
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Take a look at this PDF, there is really nice comparison between reds and yellow ones. :wink:

Rock on! :D
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

Cheers for the suggestion Killaz.

I couldn't see anything on the site, but according to BB members they're shocks with load adjusters designed for carrying heavy loads - towing and what not.

ROCK ON
R~R
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

You haven't seen this? :? You might try right click on that link and choose option "Save as..."

There's also ID table for various codes on each Koni shock explaining exactly what you have...
Attachments
Koni.jpg
Koni.jpg (104.85 KiB) Viewed 5567 times
Storm_X
Silver
Silver

Re: Koni Shock - Ever seen it?

Post by Storm_X »

Rookie ROX wrote:Hi guys,

Quick piece of trivia for you all.

I picked up a complete parts car a few months ago, and when investigating the condition and what it had, we discovered some odd looking shocks on the rear. Now I know they're Koni's (obviously) and I believe the part number on it is 8000-1267.

So has anyone ever seen anything like these before? Know anything about them?

I recently put them on my car as a temporary replacement after the bottom stem (for want of a better word) on my rear left Koni Yellow that connects the shock to the DeDion snapped clean off whilst driving around town. So far I haven't felt any real difference between the two, but I'm still interested in finding out what I can.

ROCK ON
R~R
hay RR do you still have these shockers ?/

i hav a se in my giulietta and to be honest i dont like them at all.

i cant adjust them at all and my koni reds on my other giulietta are much stiffer witch i like.
Alfa Romeo built to excite .. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it