lucass81
Gold
Gold

Toyo tires

Post by lucass81 »

Does anyone used Toyo tires in your cars? Here in my country they cost half the prize of any other top tire marque. Are this good tires or not?
84 GTV6
96 M3
Lucio
Gold
Gold

Re: Toyo tires

Post by Lucio »

lucass81 wrote:Does anyone used Toyo tires in your cars? Here in my country they cost half the prize of any other top tire marque. Are this good tires or not?
I currently use Toyo Proxes CF1 on my GTV6. Very good quality/price ratio, cool looks and good all-rounders.
In my previous car used their top of the line, the Proxes T1S: impressive!
Other tires I've used: Michelin Pilot Sport, Pirelli PZero Asimmetrico.

Lucio
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Like with many brands they have good and bad ones.

The CF1 was tested in this year ADAC magazine and got second last (from 19 tires) before Wanli. Bad on wet and high wear they say.
Lucio
Gold
Gold

Post by Lucio »

Micke wrote:Like with many brands they have good and bad ones.

The CF1 was tested in this year ADAC magazine and got second last (from 19 tires) before Wanli. Bad on wet and high wear they say.
Not my experience.

Lucio
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

I have T1/Ss on my GTV6, I love them, they transformed the car! But they were the first so called 'ultra high performance' tyre I have tried. They were the same price as budget tyres too. I am still watching my pennys so will probably try Nankangs next, even cheaper and almost the same marks on test. Try http://www.mytyres.co.uk/ and look at the revews to compare different tyres. I bought my Toyos through the Spanish version, over there it was hard to get a choice and 205/55 15s were incredibly expensive or just plain unavailable.
¡Si me gusta conducir, es porque conduzco un Alfa!

'84 GTV6 UK spec back on the road after 4 years!
05 Corolla daily driver
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

I'd avoid Nankangs, no matter what tests say.

They're good for the cheap end of the market (over other Chinese brand rubbish), but they're pathetic compared to everything even a fraction more expensive. Good for burnouts and drifting, that's about it.

Yokohama C-Drives available? They're a fairly decent tyre for the street, 205/45/16s are ~$150AUD each here.

ROCK ON
R~R
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

i am running the toyo proxes r888's on my race car which i occasionally drive on the street and find them to be as good if not better then other similar type dunlops and bridgestones i have used in the past. having said that i did opt for the super soft compund and they are really sticky. they have good turn in feel and for a r rated tyre are not super noisy and still perform well in modestly wet conditions.
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

For what you are all saying, I can use them on my GTV6 since it has a top speed of 220 Km/h. But I have doubts about using them in my E36 M3 that I usually drive at over 240 Km/h and for long periods at the highways. Any failure in a tire could be fatal.
84 GTV6
96 M3
Lucio
Gold
Gold

Post by Lucio »

lucass81 wrote:For what you are all saying, I can use them on my GTV6 since it has a top speed of 220 Km/h. But I have doubts about using them in my E36 M3 that I usually drive at over 240 Km/h and for long periods at the highways. Any failure in a tire could be fatal.
That has nothing to do with the tire brand, just use the correct speed code (for example Y or W, for your M3) and you'll be safe. I used Toyo T1S (code Y, if memory serves me well) on my Coupé Turbo20v and had zero problems driving above 240 km/h ;-)

Lucio
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Hey Lucio,

Are you from Sardegna? With a 33 16V a while ago?

Anyway, look at the new Dunlop Z1, not the Direzza DZ101. That is supposedly to be one of the best out there at a relatively low price.
Dr. Alban
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

The 17'' Toyo's i had on 164 were 1/3 price Michelens and 1/4 price pirellis. The Toyos that were not destroyed due to side wall bubbles from Pot holes only lasted 30 000km. They gave great handling but i would not buy them again due to our roads. The Pirellis I have now have hit countless potholes and even broken a rim are still perfect over 40 000km. Bottom line I think is that cheaper the tyre the weaker the side walls. If you live in a first world country like Aus where they actualy fix pot holes then its not a worry.
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

kevin wrote:If you live in a first world country like Aus where they actualy fix pot holes then its not a worry.
Hahahaha! You're in for a shock my friend! :lol:

Where "fix" means chuck some hot mix in it, jump up and down on it, and repeat two weeks later after it's rained and washed out when two cars drive over it.

ROCK ON
R~R
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

doesnt sound like you guys have roads over there, more like a bunch of steps you are forced to drive over :lol:
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
Lucio
Gold
Gold

Post by Lucio »

Zamani wrote:Hey Lucio,

Are you from Sardegna? With a 33 16V a while ago?

Anyway, look at the new Dunlop Z1, not the Direzza DZ101. That is supposedly to be one of the best out there at a relatively low price.
Yes, I'm the guy :D :D :D :D :D
First 33 16V, then Coupé Turbo 20V, now GTV6. Couldn't stay away from Alfas...

Lucio
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

patzo_3l wrote:i am running the toyo proxes r888's on my race car which i occasionally drive on the street and find them to be as good if not better then other similar type dunlops and bridgestones i have used in the past. having said that i did opt for the super soft compund and they are really sticky. they have good turn in feel and for a r rated tyre are not super noisy and still perform well in modestly wet conditions.
Freakin yeah, very sticky...

But honestly i love those tyres, they really have tons of grip, and are pretty good on wet tarmac as well. Bah with these tyres I could finally kick some porsche arses last sunday :D