sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

adapter?

Post by sh0rtlife »

ok im stumped .....couldnt find a better place to post it so here it is

ive got a milano column sitting here for the "project" and i have a grant signature series wheel....

now the problem..grant does NOT make a steering wheel adapter for milano's..they do however make one for early fetta gt's and another one for the gtv6 6501 and 6502

so the question is...does a milano steering shaft at the steering wheel have the same splines and taper as a gtv6 or a fetta gt?......

i dont care about the outward appearance matching with the column plastic as i wont be using any of it.....
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Two choices:

Try an Alfetta wheel on a 75 spline or
Fit an Alfetta steering colum instead- gotta be worth next to zip anyway.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

MD wrote:Two choices:

Try an Alfetta wheel on a 75 spline or
Fit an Alfetta steering colum instead- gotta be worth next to zip anyway.
Gees ! Finally ! A constructive post ! hehe....... :D :D yup,agree here totally..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

hmm ya know...i totaly forgot i have a old fetta wheel around here i can try :oops: ..wonder where i stashed it

i dont want to change out the column...i like the milano tilt/tele setup...and i can cut it down to a nice slim setup to slip into a steel tube
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

I'm pretty sure there is a MOMO adapter for both the 75 and GTV6 so I think the 75 adapter would be ok.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

well a momo 6bolt wont help me with a grant 5 bolt wheel :p

dug out my old fetta wheel from the rotted out 99cent alfetta gt that i draged home last year..and it was a PERFECT fit to the splines on the milano shaft

soo now its got me wondering..so i measured the gtv6 column and the fetta wheel and theres about 1 inch of differance in the size .....so my guess is that a GTV6 adapter is wider to match the column and the fetta is narrower to match its smaller column....guess i con the local shop into ordering both so i can see which one i find more sexy!
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

No, what I'm saying is the MOMO GTV6 adapter fits the 75, so a Grant GTV6 adapter would probably fit the 75.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

ohh ok cool i wasnt catching it lol :oops: