alfaretta
Silver
Silver

Rear Springs

Post by alfaretta »

I have the opportunity of buying some lower springs for my 86 GTV6, the are described as off a 75 (Milano in the US) will these fit straight on? I assume the set up is the same for these transaxel cars.

Also I have a set on Koni Coil overs shocks for the front already, I want to fit these and lower the front also, I understand that in addition to fitting and adjusting the coil overs I will need to turn down the torsion bars , how do I undertake this?

Any help / comments gratefully received,

cheers
Jose_76
Gold
Gold

Re: Rear Springs

Post by Jose_76 »

Yes, those springs will fit straight on.

To lower the car turning the torsion bars, you have to remove the small plates right at the rear end of each bar. Then, you'll see a threaded hole in the bar. With the car jacked up and with help of an appropiate stud and some custom spacers (unless you have the right tool), you'll have to tight it into that hole and pull the bar out. Be sure to watch the marks on both extremes of the bar. To lower the car, you have to fit the bar in the same position at the back, but at the front you have to raise the lower A-arm to fit the bar une point up. I hope I've been clear enough :(
'84 Red GTV6 3.0
alfaretta
Silver
Silver

Rear Springs

Post by alfaretta »

Jose -76

Thanks for your advice will try this w/end maybe.

cheers JTP

1986 GTV6 3 .0
2000 3.0 166