Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Offset Question

Post by Zamani »

Ben,

Those wheels are nice looking, but I bet you they weigh 10kg!

I think GTV6s will only have 1 problem, the rear panel on the front wheel well. The 75 has a problem with the rear panel of the front wheel well and the bumper if the offset is too small. Rears should be fine.
Dr. Alban
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

Zamani wrote:Ben,

Those wheels are nice looking, but I bet you they weigh 10kg!

I think GTV6s will only have 1 problem, the rear panel on the front wheel well. The 75 has a problem with the rear panel of the front wheel well and the bumper if the offset is too small. Rears should be fine.
They'll still be lighter than the OZ Pegasus - 24 or 26kg a corner with tires...
1966 GTV
1982 Suzuki "Bathurst" Katana
1995 Cagiva Mito (race kitted 250 powered)
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

fedezyl, appreciate the support. I need to move on.

Ben, The Sprint is the number 2 project and I cannot see it come to fruition for several years. Have made a start of stripping down to the shell and essential mechanicals to push it around. The point being here is to drown it in anti corrosion paints to preserve it from any more deterioration while it is in the pipeline.

My primary focus now is to buid a TS powered alfetta GTV as a racing trainer vehicle. The intention here is not to build a front runner like the Brick but one that is brisk enough to call it a race car. My sons and I are building it and they are having a ball with an introduction to things Alfa Romeo.

Hopefully in the swim next year and on the track.
Last edited by MD on Mon May 03, 2010 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

SydneyJules: Any thoughts of redrilling wheels? Two/three piece wheels are usually made of cast alluminium and I saw many successful pcd conversions. Beside that, important thing is to have flat and thick center star in area which alligns to hub.