iachella
Silver
Silver

Re: Alfetta wheel offset

Post by iachella »

Yes, that's true. I'm happy with my wheels and the original poster xrad, is happy with using 35mm ET, so it doesn't matter. I'll check the posts you are refering to and see what it says.

By the way - 18 Racing is just down the road from me. I haggled with them for 6 months, 4 years ago, for them to get Rota to produce those wheels in the Alfa 108 and 98mm bolt patterns. I tried to get them to make them in a 25mm offset but all they could convince Rota to do was 30mm for the 108 and 35mm for the 98. I got the 108 set for my GTV and put 4mm spacers. Charged me $500 for a set of 4 at the time. I posted the results of my efforts on the AlfaBB so everyone knew the price and availability I got from them. Within a few months Centerline secured a deal with Rota to distribute them and now charges $750 a set. I don't know what 18Racing's current price is.
Stefano, Concord CA
74 GTV, 79 Alfetta GT
iachella [at] gmail [dot] com
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Jason,

I just want to express my appreciation for your excellent work to collate all those wheel statistics. Good job mate.

BTW Iam using et50mm on the Cab as it has a hub conversion spacer on it that gets me back to somewhere near original but close enough.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
xrad
Verde
Verde

Post by xrad »

Yep, great list of dimensions!

Rota (18racing is seller): these go for $550 a set delivered, and the price has been steady for at least 1.5 years.

The other thing to note is that although the offset for the above wheel pictured is 35+, the rim thickness is 7in (~177.8mm) which appears wider than stock (6-6.5?), so the rim is still close to centered..a few more mm outboard net.
Mark Walshaw
Gold
Gold

Post by Mark Walshaw »

If the std offset for the GTV6 is 45m does anybody know the offset of the South African GTV6 3.0 with Compomotive rims? :?:
XRQTR
Silver
Silver

Post by XRQTR »

So 18x8.5 +40 and 18x9.5 +35 should be ok then?? :D