SimonB
Gold
Gold

Winter tyres

Post by SimonB »

I know that it is suicide but I will have to use my Gtv6 (sparingly) through the winter this year as it will be the sole car for a young family. Naturally it will be bathed in waxoyl and dinitrol and washed after every journey but does anyone know of any good steelies and winter tyres that would fit. I will be in the UK which was like the arctic last winter.

thank you
¡Si me gusta conducir, es porque conduzco un Alfa!

'84 GTV6 UK spec back on the road after 4 years!
05 Corolla daily driver
Mats
Verde
Verde

Re: Winter tyres

Post by Mats »

SimonB wrote:I know that it is suicide but I will have to use my Gtv6 (sparingly) through the winter this year as it will be the sole car for a young family. Naturally it will be bathed in waxoyl and dinitrol and washed after every journey but does anyone know of any good steelies and winter tyres that would fit. I will be in the UK which was like the arctic last winter.

thank you

4 or 5 studs? 5 I guess?
I can look around if you want. Do you want scandinavian style tyres too? Usually about a gazillion times better in snow/ice and a little worse in the wet. :)

Btw, can you use studded tyres in the UK?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Re: Winter tyres

Post by SimonB »

It needs five stud wheels. Just normal winter tyres I guess, most people in the UK just use Summer tyres all year round but the weather is getting more Scandinavian and it is probably a good idea anyway. My other choice is to just get the bus on bad days!
¡Si me gusta conducir, es porque conduzco un Alfa!

'84 GTV6 UK spec back on the road after 4 years!
05 Corolla daily driver