Bareass
Silver
Silver

Koni yellow or Bilstein - Coil Over Sleeves

Post by Bareass »

Hey all,

I have a post in the Track Prep section about getting ready to track my '84 GTV6 3.0, but i thought i would as this more specific question here.

I bought my car this summer, and plan to track it next season. Mainly Time Attacks Competitons and open track days. While this isn`t a full racecar, I am looking to make it copetetive with other track built road cars. Think modified STI, M3, RX7 ect. (I`ll leave the f430s, MP12Cs, and GT3RSs alone :P)

as of right now, my car has stock TBs, lowered springs and Koni Yellows. My Milano parts car has Bilsteins.
I`m thinking of going with loering springs, with adjustable perches for the rear suspention, and Stock TBs with coil over sleeves in the front.

Have any of you had experience with Coil Over Sleeves for either the Koni Sports, or the Bilsteins?

Which ever i decide on will be revalved to match the spring rates in both the front and the back.

Thanks a lot
Bareass
'84 GTV6 w/3.0
3.0L 24V engine stand!
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Koni yellow or Bilstein - Coil Over Sleeves

Post by killaz »

Take a look at this thread: alfagtv6.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4265

I converted my Bilsteins to coilovers, did a revalve and they do excellent job. I would recommend to base your setup on Bilstein since it has serius internal design and support for revalve, service support is good too.

You must think about roll cage - there will be no point in making serius susspension while chassis is flexing.

Note that you will have to open upper control arms to clear some space for coilovers. I made custom upper arms. Dropped spindles are expensive solution and you can go arround with 'long nose' upper ball joints to solve front geometry.

Regarding this, check: alfagtv6.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=45519#p45519

And explore forum threads for more, there is a lot of good info...