XRQTR
Silver
Silver

wheel offset for larger wheels

Post by XRQTR »

Hey folks, first post on the forum so gday to everyone, just wondering what offsets anyone with larger wheels is running. I'm looking at 18" road wheels but not sure what offsets would be, either standard or for larger diameter wheels, looking at 18x8(f) and 18x9(r).
Any advice would be appreciated, I know most don't like the bigger wheels but each to their own I say.
Thanks in advance
Stef
Theunis
Silver
Silver

Re: wheel offset for larger wheels

Post by Theunis »

What size tyres do you plan to use?

I've got 235/40/17 tyres with 17x8", 33mm offset wheels on my Gtv6. It does rub front and rear, but not much, Had to mod the front spoiler. Also managed to destroy one rear tyre before fitting spherical bearings in the suspension (SZ style dedion bush, watts linkage and front upper control arms) and slightly rolling the rear mudguard (not much). The rear supension "pushed" forward under accelaration and the tyre got cut on the mudguard lip. My next set of tyres will probably be 215/40/17. The 235's are just slightly to big. I don't like to mod bodywork to make wheels fit.

T
geoff
Silver
Silver

Post by geoff »

I am running 225/45-17 on my 2.0l...I will verify offset if anyone wants to know. Absolutely no body contact.
XRQTR
Silver
Silver

Post by XRQTR »

wanting to go 18x8f 18x9r, from what I've been able to pick up from other threads +40f and +35r should work or have I got that wrong.
I notice most folks here don't like bigger than a 17" wheel but these are for street/show use so want something that will fill the guards real nice.