zambon
Verde
Verde

what tires (tyres ozzies) can I cram into my 75?

Post by zambon »

87 yankee milano verde.
Just got my momo 15/7/et38 wheels repaired and repainted. I will post photos on my introduction thread.
I am building my car to be a street monster that can keep its composure on the track. Will I be able to fit 225 all around? I am willing to modify things in order to make it happen, but I am already low in the bread box, so modifications will be best limited to the hammer and file.
Also, what do I want to get into as far as tires are concerned. I see that there is a $100 rebate on a set of bridgestone pole positions going right now. Those would be very nice on the street. Would they be respectable on the track? Am I better off with some other tire? I am open to buying a lesser tire if people think it will suffice. I have a stock suspension at the moment (save for lots of poly bushes). I intend to have my engine compartment tightened up with some welds, and I am going to add a cage. Still, hot hot tires might make the car roll all over the place.
Please guide me.
thanks
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

225/50R15 will fir in the back without problems. In front they may rub but this must be possible to fix within your "file budget".
If you're in doubt go for 225/45 or 205/50 in front.

The BS tires are no BS! Lots of other good options as well.
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

My wheels are repaired and painted. I have posted a photo on my project thread. http://alfagtv6.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t= ... cf19785b54
JoeCab
Silver
Silver

Post by JoeCab »

James,

I am running 225/40-16s with zero rubbing issues on my Verde, on wheels with and ET32 offset.

http://centerlinealfa.com/about/verde/index.htm

So, a 225/45-15 tire would work well for a 15" fitment, but I don't know who makes a tire in that size. I'm afraid the commonly available 225/50-15 size will be too tall and rub.

Joe
JoeCab
Silver
Silver

Post by JoeCab »

Also, I have used the Bridgestone S-03 Pole Positions on the track and they were very good. they tend to run pretty wide - the 205/50-15 is as wide as a 225 in some other brands.

The biggest thing I noticed was they were very consistent and didn't seem to suffer from overheating and chunking as some street tires do on the track.

Joe
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Joe-

Thanks for the reply and the advice...
I am sure you get this all the time, but yours has to be one of the cleanest verdes around. Amazing interior and engine compartment.
Is it original? (save for wheels, battery, and euro grille)
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

What about 225/50-15 with some negative camber?
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

I run the Potenza Pole S-03 in 225/50/15, but on my standard 15" x 6.5" Speedline phone-dials...

They look a bit "Camaro" but it is just for rainy track days and they are great! Dry they are also awesome! (First day there was MINOR rubbing on the front of the Verde fender arches up front...)

Loves negative camber.
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

JJ

That is just what I wanted to hear. Did you modify anything to get any extra negative camber for fitment of these wheels?

James