Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

adjustable watts linkage

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

Hey guys,
I have the adjustable watts linkage from alfaheaven.com installed on my car. When i put them on i was jsut looking to get rid of the rubber bushing on the watts link, so i set them to the same length as the stock ones. But now i would like to know whats exactly the best way to set them. Should i crank them down as tight as i can? Also by making them tighter will car be forced lower??
Vittorio
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

well i took the car for an alignment, and i found out the adjustable watts linkage adjusts toe for the rear wheels.
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Sanity check!
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

Yup, you'll be able to go crabwise to the left, crabwise to the right, or straight on.

Just think, with a linear servo motor actively adjusting the links, you could have 4 wheel steering. The same motion controller could manage the variable length intake runners....

Did your alignment guy tell you you can adjust toe with the Watts? How much is he paid per hour to reach such devastatingly insightful conclusions?

Seriously though, try to match them as close as possible to the non-adjustables, then check your cross toe and readjust (they adjust cross toe, not toe).

Tightening them both will not force the car to lower. It will turn the Watts pivot.
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

hmmm amidst the sarcasm i believe there was an answer to the question i first posted. thanks for your insight. :wink:
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

Sorry Vittorio,

It was a knee-jerk response. Didn't mean to be offensive.

Dave
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

i appreciate the apology. no blood no foul.