brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

[b]Milano Verde Sway Bars for an '84 GTV6.[/b]

Post by brookstroutr »

Does any one know if the sway bars from a Milano Verde (3.0 ltr) are a good, albeit mild, upgrade for my '84 GTV6? It looks like the exisating bars are 20 mm Front and 22 mm Rear. Are thes the original sizes for these cars. I haven't been successfull in locating this info anywhere. Also, does anyone know the actual bar sizes for the Milano Verde bars?
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

My verde has 24mm in front and 21mm in back. I believe that verdes are equiped with 21, 22, or 23mm bars in back. Not sure which is most common.
james
Jose_76
Gold
Gold

Post by Jose_76 »

Yes, fit that Milano Verde's 24mm front sway bar in your GTV6 and you'll note the difference :wink:. It's a good and straightforward upgrade and it's not radical at all.
'84 Red GTV6 3.0
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

The best "std" upgrade I have found was the 1980 and thereabouts 2000 Alfetta super frnt sway bar..Cannot remember the dia. but it was the biggest I could find off a std Alfa..We also did not get the 75 here,so would not know if its any bigger or not---

Barry
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Reale
Gold
Gold

Swaybar

Post by Reale »

The 24mm front bar will improve the handling on your Milano. The 27mm "Shankle" bar is also good, if you can get it. Don't bother putting a stiffer rear swaybar on the car-it will make the car handle worse, not better. In fact, for my race car, I am considering putting a thinner rear bar on. A stiffer one made my car push, and then abruptly switch to oversteer. I put the stock bar back on. Obviously, there are different philosophies about the spring/swaybar combination. Just saying what works for me.
-Al
Al Mitchell
Reale Motorsports
#82 E Production
Alfa Romeo GTV6
MD
Verde
Verde

suspension

Post by MD »

So Al, what bars are you using front and rear now? Do you have coil overs or just torsion bars?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I have the Verde front sway bar. I might wanna sell it (going with Shankles). Let me know if you are interested (and if I can make up my mind to sell it or not).
Dr. Alban
Reale
Gold
Gold

Sway bars

Post by Reale »

Right now I am using a 0.120" wall hollow front swaybar (Speedway engineering), and the stock GTV6 rear.
I can't use coilovers in my race series, so I had 33mm front torsion bars made. I modified the lower coil perch in the back so I can use 11" "stock car" springs. 200 lb/inch seems to work well for me back there.
I was using Koni yellows, but am currently switching over to double adjustable Ledas with remote reservoirs.
BTW, if you cut a couple of revolutions off the stock rear springs it helps the ride height, and increases the rate to about 175lb/in. Obviously, it will only accentuate the ridiculous stock front ride height, so you would definitely need to fix that.
-Al
Al Mitchell
Reale Motorsports
#82 E Production
Alfa Romeo GTV6