tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Wheel offsets

Post by tImBoWe »

:?: What are you guys running in the wheel offset department? Looking at getting a set of wheels custom made. Just need to know what would be a good balance between looks and wheel bearing longevity. Looks to me that the rears could have a bit less offset compared to the front. Big space to fill. So what are you guys running? Sorry but the standard rims just dont smoke my tires any more. Cheerz Tim. :twisted:
Mezevenf
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Wheel offsets

Post by Mezevenf »

tImBoWe wrote:Looks to me that the rears could have a bit less offset compared to the front. Big space to fill.
I noticed this aswell when I got my new wheels (running 30 offset), would a spacer combat this at the rear? It looks odd IMO.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Spacers in the rear will add understeer.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Charlie DiMarco
Silver
Silver

Post by Charlie DiMarco »

Tim, my the new Serpent Autosport Type 3 wheels are 17x7 with a 40 mm offset. Tire size is 215/40/17 on the front and 215/45/17 on the back. They do not rub at all and the ride is nice and handling is right on.
Attachments
GTV6 front side web306.jpg
GTV6 front side web306.jpg (70.53 KiB) Viewed 11613 times
GTV6 rear side web.jpg
GTV6 rear side web.jpg (95.88 KiB) Viewed 11616 times
Mezevenf
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Mezevenf »

Wow, that looks really nice! I love it.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Charlie! sorry dude for the non relpy... I some how missed your post. Your car look BRILOES dude. Choice wheels there. Mines a silver as well. No where as tidy as yours tho.
I'm gonna score a set of Simmons wheels for mine eventually. Once I get the motor and body totally sorted. She's becomming a deep pit that I shovel $$$ into at the mo. Great fun!
Tim.
Alfa GTV6 NZ
Gold
Gold

Post by Alfa GTV6 NZ »

I think a nice 5 spoke wheel looks great on the GTV6's .

Heres mine on 17" MAK Stings. Offset is Subaru.

Last edited by Alfa GTV6 NZ on Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987 GTV6 - Livin in New Zealand.
Luis
Gold
Gold

Post by Luis »

17*7.5 et 20 at front.

17*9.5 et 30 at rear.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Got any pickies Souunds CHOICE.!
Mezevenf
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Mezevenf »

That looks really nice, my 75 is on MAK Stings aswell, although only 16" x 7.5".

Atm the tyre profile is too large and makes the car look jacked up, but next time round I'll be getting lower profile for sure, and wider too.
Attachments
alfaside.jpg
alfaside.jpg (48.95 KiB) Viewed 11440 times
Bernard M (AKA Mef - Mezevenf)

1986 75QV 3.0L 24v V6 - Silver
1985 GTV6 2.5L 12v V6 - Red
1999 166 3.0L 24v V6 - Red

NightSpec
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Those MAKs look good all right! The Mrs has got a set of Maks on her Freelander. Nice wheels.
I'm really keen on the ol Simmons tho.. Got a set on another car of mine. They are a fine looking rim. Custom made to your specs. Just need to get this motor sorted and I'll be looking at the wheel thing a lot harder.
edwardmtb69
Silver
Silver

Post by edwardmtb69 »

G'day Tim,

Which Simmons were you going to get? I think I'll do the same. I like 16's also - just a bit less bling though that car of Charlies looks HOT. I like the Simmons OM16 best I think.

I'm interested to know if there is a good choice of tyres for the 16 inch wheel. So.. summarising the above info I would say 16 x 7 with 215/50/16 rubber and 40 mm offset.

What would be the offset if the wheel was 7.5 wide...?

Ed

Maybe we could do a deal with Simmons if we buy together?? Given that they are all custom made. Let me know what you think.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Ed those OM 16s look hot. I've got a set of F90's on another car and they are sharp also. Very hard choice to make for me. I have tried here through the local agents to find out about them to no avail.. Totally useless bunch of pricks. Dozens of emails, they're just not interesed this time. So I will ring Simmons and talk direct to them about it. I will check to see if they could do a deal for two sets. Hope so.
I thought the offset was measured from the centre of the rim where the rim meets the hub to outside edge of the wheel. Which means to me that the offset is less offset from the rim centre the more deep the dish of the wheel. the more offset the flater appearance and the centre where the wheel bolts to will be closer to the outer edge of the rim. So less offset the centre closer to the middle of the rim, more offset the centre pushed out to the edge of the rim.???
What I reckon is that we need to run about 20-25mm ofsett on the rear and 30-35mm offset on the front. Bearing in mind that my car will not see a huge amount of serious track time, these offset will be good to look at and should be of not tooo much concern for road duties.
Will check it out. Tim.
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

Luis, have you had to modify the guards or anything to fit that mammoth wheel at the back?
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

If that is his car in the pic by the name, then i think i spy flared fenders... sweeet.
v