gtv11636
Gold
Gold

GOODYEAR Eagle F1 GS-D3/D2

Post by gtv11636 »

Hey Guys

I wonder if anyone have some experience with this tires, are they that Good as Magazines/pepole say ?
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

I have been using the Goodyear Eagle F1 DS2 in a 205 X 50 X 15 ZR on my GTV6 3.5.To say I have been happy would be an understatement. :D

I have used them on numerous track days and their performance in terms of noise,feedback,grip in cornering and under braking,compared to my Toyos I had before,is like chalk and cheese.

My Toyo's in the wet were lethaly dangerous and I actually refused to drive my Alfa in the wet.The car actually swopped lanes once while braking at a measly 45km/h! :shock: When I fitted the Eagle F1's the same road,with even worse rain I could brake at over 100km/h,no I am not even exagerating,and stopped with no problems at all.The Toyo's under heavy braking were plain lousy to be kind to them whereas with the Goodyears my Alfa's braking improved remarkably.

On track days I have been very satisfied with them,although they still cannot compare to an out and out track day tyre for grip.

High speed stability another strong point.I often drive my GTV6 at well over 200km/h,have had to brake very hard from speeds of up to 230km/h and the Eagle F1's just give you amazing control and feedback.

I am just very sad that the new Eagle F1 DS3 is not made in my size. :(

My only real choice as a replacement is the Bridgestone SO3 unless others can give me some helpfull advise with their own experiences ?

The magazine that made me go out and buy Goodyears was EVO,a mag I thoroughly enjoy as they drive cars the way they were intended. :wink:
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Post by gtv11636 »

Thanks Fernando

Can you pleas tell me wich TOYO model you Used ?