75evo
Verde
Verde

Re: PICTURES-Different wheels for Alfa`s.

Post by 75evo »

Did you re-drill to 5x98mm or use wobble nuts?

I am thinking of converting to 5x114.3 and use adapters for the back. For the front, I will switch to a ford crown victoria hub and bearing assembly, also 5x114.3. CHeap as well. The whole hub and bearing (HUGE SEALED bearing) is only $25.
105gta.
Gold
Gold

Post by 105gta. »

I'm using wobble nuts at this point to confirm fitment and clearance etc... Will convert front hubs to 5x100 at a later date and use adapters at the rear once I'm happy with everything. Thankfully the Toyota 86/scooby brz has opened up the aftermarket world of wheels in usable offsets and sizes for our cars as these also run plus 40-30 offsets. Have a good look at the wheels you want to run. I've found most 5x114.3 wheels have very low offsets eve negative numbers. As used on nissans and mitsubishis. Good sizes but offsets that won't fit in out cars. Hence why I like the 86/brz 5x100 and with the drift boys changing their wheels more often than their underpants. They seem to be coming up very cheap more often. ;)
105gta.
Gold
Gold

Post by 105gta. »

Forgot to add. I'm not a fan of redrilling wheels as there really isn't much meat usually in around the Centre on most wheels. Although many seem to do it without consequence. I prefer to adjust the Hub to suit, especially with large diameter and wide wheels, you end up with a lot of leverage over the hub.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

If I can solve the front wheel bearing issue, I wouldn't mind staying with 5x98/100. But once you track the car frequently the life expectancy drops dramatically. I'll look into the GTI VR6/ AUDI TT FWD rear hub setup for the front of my Milano.

Actually GiuliettaEvo has BMW hubs on his Giulia so that's one option where the offset is good.
105gta.
Gold
Gold

Post by 105gta. »

Wise choice ;) I'll be going along similar lines once I'm happy with everything. One benefit to the bigger bearing and hub from either Bmw or Audi/vw is it adds stiffness to the assembly. Which def helps when running tight tolerances.