Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

GTV6 resprayed

Post by Paul Bird »

:D I have just got my car back from the spray shop and thought you all would be interested to see the end result. Panther black metalik.
Image052.jpg
Image052.jpg (79.08 KiB) Viewed 11865 times
Attachments
Image051.jpg
Image051.jpg (75.62 KiB) Viewed 11864 times
Image049.jpg
Image049.jpg (85.25 KiB) Viewed 11865 times
gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Re: GTV6 resprayed

Post by gtv11636 »

Wow! that looks nice! LOVE that color on GTV! the best!
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Thanks, my last GTV6 was bright red but this looks much better. Just waiting for the bonnet, tail gate and fornt /rear Zender bumpers to be painted and put her back together, glass included and she'll be almost ready for the road. :twisted:
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Paul,
A favour please mate..post a detailed pic of that dash you have there.
Thanks.
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi Barry, as soon as I get a chance I will take her out of the garage and take a better pic of the dash for you. What exactly do you want to look at?

Paul UK
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Paul, have not seen a dash like that yet..We got the traditional old two piece cluster jobs and of course the later ,84/,85 "long" dash..But they did not have that interesting looking center doo dad I see in the picture.Yours is also defunct of any bright work..interesting.
Just want to see the differences.
cheers,B

iTS ALSO ANGLED UPWARDS LIKE THE gIULIETTA DASH....How I hate looking up from the keyboard to see caps all over..Sorry..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

just about the most common dash in the uk I think, 82-83 seem to be the most prominent examples here. The angled dash was to minimise reflections in the screen.
you still get some reflections but its not too noticeable. the series 2 dash was ok, but the fit leaves a bit to be desired.
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi Barry, the dash is quite common for a UK car, I have a couple of these dash's in my garage. They are the best in my opinion. The bit in the centre is the original alfa clock which lights green when ignition is on.

Paul.
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi barry, as rquested I have taken photo's of the dash in my GTV6, I hope they are ok.

Paul UK.
Attachments
Image057.jpg
Image057.jpg (142.92 KiB) Viewed 11698 times
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

More!
Attachments
Image054.jpg
Image054.jpg (129.24 KiB) Viewed 11687 times
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Paul,thank you.Very interesting but also very flawed as per Alfa Romeo..
Nice overall dash though...soooo,how many of these you got ?? :wink: :wink:
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi Barry, I prefere this dash over all, Im not into the walnut look as the one that was in the car in the first place.
I think I have a couple of these dashes in my garage, I will have a look tomorrow and let you know.

Paul UK.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

Paul did you paint something around the binnacle surround? yours seems to be shinny, mine aint shiny though? kind of agree paul about it being the best dash
potentially"...The biggest irritant to me is 1) the appalling fit, the instrument binnacle isn't straight, and the heater controls binnacle is also pissed in every one I have seen. 2) the stupid speedo size!, being smaller than the other cluster.????? 3) the nasty cheapness of the leather covering. The electric window switches are sensible, near the handbrake, unlike the silly series 3 location on the dashboard though

I intend to try address both, by squaring all the binnacles up properly by shimming, and trying to increase the size of the speedo some how.
i rekon the heater binnacle can be improved no end. and the whole lot covered with proper connelly,so its consistent in look. The whole lot always looks to me like they just rummaged in the parts bin, then lashed it all together blue tack..... chapparral did a lot to improve the dash quality and look, but they totally failed to address the binnacles all being on the piss, which just lets the whole lot down, despite £1500 worth of connelly hide! :?
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfetta ... hotos.html

some pics of chapparalls good work. see what I mean about not addressing the topsy turvy alignment though?! argghh..
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi MJR, yes I did paint the dial surround as it was in poor condition. I agree that Chapperal did a good job of updating our beloved GTV6, its a shame the company is not around any more. I had some fibre glass door cards made a while ago which have angled speaker holes, but they do need to be recovered. At least they wont go soggy when they get wet!!

I still think that the dash is a little boring though, could do with being redisigned. I have thought about rewiring the window switches to fit in the door cards on each side.

Where are you from?

Paul UK