tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

The Dreaded Big C.

Post by tImBoWe »

Hi Guys. Ive got rusted out rear window guides. How much of a job is it to remove them and fit new/second hand ones? Are new ones available? The whole car is gonna need a repaint any way. Thanx in advance. :?
Alfa GTV6 NZ
Gold
Gold

Post by Alfa GTV6 NZ »

If you need second hand ones i think i know of some in Christchurch.

Karl
1987 GTV6 - Livin in New Zealand.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Legend! Problably gonna need a few bits and pieces. Do you wana PM me ? Emailed quite a few wreckers about them and other stuff, but no one wants to reply. Cheers Karl. We will have to catch up some time. Tim.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Had no luck with the Christchurch dude. I'd say that the car is mostly wrecked or the window guides are in the same condition as mine [buggered]. Anyway didnt seem to keen to part with any thing that I really wanted. Next time I'm up that way I'll cruise by and check the thing out to see whats left that could be off some use. So this brings me to the next question [:-o} Is there other Alfas with the same or close styles of window guide that could be adapted to suit. Cheerz Tim.
Alfa GTV6 NZ
Gold
Gold

Post by Alfa GTV6 NZ »

There is also a guy that has gtv parts in this weeks buy sell and exchange, they might be the older model but you could try.

Karl
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Yeah spotted his add. Will ring and try him out. How long did it take to get your bits from IAP? Ordered my goodies from them yesterday. Good prices! Thanx Karl.
Alfa GTV6 NZ
Gold
Gold

Post by Alfa GTV6 NZ »

i think IAP were very quick, but postage was a bit costly.

so probably within a week or two.

Tell me when they arrive, would be interested to know postage times, may get a few parts shortly myself.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Quick update Karl. Put a couple of orders through to IAP now and its taken 5 days each time. The frieght cost can be a mbit on the costly side tough. It seems the more you get [up to a certain size or weight maybe] the cheaper it is. Like $50 U.S.D. to ship out a small package with dizzy cap and rotor in it. Looking at it know should have got plugs and leads, coil ect.. Their stuff is cheap though! For instance flash Bosch platinum plugs $5.95!!!! Same thing here is like $35-$40 each. Its cool. Need to cash up the old plastic. Keep it deep. Cheerz Tim. {:->}
Alfa GTV6 NZ
Gold
Gold

Post by Alfa GTV6 NZ »

Thanks for the update.

Good to see that you are happy with IAP.