Lucio
Gold
Gold

Heat shield?

Post by Lucio »

Can anyone post a pic of a GTV6 "underneath"?
I'd like to know where a kind of heat-shield has to be installed. I assume this curved metal sheet serves to shield the heat coming from the exhaust central sections but a pic would greatly help.

Molte grazie :oops:
Lucio
Italy
Scott in MN
Silver
Silver

Post by Scott in MN »

The only heat shield on my '83 is above the catalytic converter. I wouldn't think you would have a converter on a European version.
Lucio
Gold
Gold

Post by Lucio »

Scott in MN wrote:The only heat shield on my '83 is above the catalytic converter. I wouldn't think you would have a converter on a European version.
Of course not :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Anyway, it is strange since I bought this spare part from a dismantled German GTV6. Any hope to get a pic of the heat shield "in action"? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thanks
Lucio
Hippo58
Silver
Silver

Post by Hippo58 »

The heat shield is mounted below the front section of the propshaft. If I remeber correctly the back edge of the shield is screwed ON the crossmember below the propshaft center bearing.

Sorry I have no pics but it is a straigth forward job. Especially if the part is not bend it will easily fall into place. I think you need to lower the exhaust to fit it though.
Petros. Transaxleista!
Lucio
Gold
Gold

Post by Lucio »

Hippo58 wrote:The heat shield is mounted below the front section of the propshaft. If I remeber correctly the back edge of the shield is screwed ON the crossmember below the propshaft center bearing.

Sorry I have no pics but it is a straigth forward job. Especially if the part is not bend it will easily fall into place. I think you need to lower the exhaust to fit it though.
A pic will greatly help. Any hope to find this in a pic gallery or elsewhere? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I'll post a pic of the shield I have. Yesterday I cleaned it and now it shines like new (seems aluminium, though)

Lucio
Hippo58
Silver
Silver

Post by Hippo58 »

I found some!

Credit to the guy they belong!
Attachments
Zoom out!
Zoom out!
34.jpg (90.1 KiB) Viewed 6240 times
Close up