Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

alfagtv6.com moved to a new host

Post by Michael »

The hosting company I used for many years started jacking up the rates a couple of years ago. You guys were generous enough to donate enough cash to cover the increased expenses so this site limped on for a few years. After another proposed rate increase in 2021 though, I decided to move the site to a new, less expensive option in order to ensure the future of the forum. That work is complete & I think we should be fine for years to come now. I'll launch a (modest) fund raising effort shortly - thanks in anticipation for your support.
You will notice that the forum has subsumed the really old gtv6.org website I started in 1996. This is by design though I'll figure out some way to retain that content too.
In the meantime, please let me know if you spot any issues & enjoy the forum!
Michael
1981 GTV6
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Re: alfagtv6.com moved to a new host

Post by KevinR »

Fantastic news you have saved the day again. I do know of a few guys currently in builds constantly referring to info here.
Thanks Michael.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

No worries, thanks Kevin!
Zamani is really the one to be credited with the alfagtv6.com site still existing as he provided ample motivation for keeping it from retirement back in 2019. He is also the guy who devotes time to moderation and administration - the really time-consuming parts of managing this forum. Thanks Zamani!
Michael
1981 GTV6
scott.venables
Gold
Gold

Post by scott.venables »

Many thanks to both of you!
fastcar
Gold
Gold

Post by fastcar »

Hi Michael and Happy New Year to All!

Thanks for keeping the site alive (I'm also looking at You Zamani as well) even though I haven't visited quite frequently over the recent years. As always I'm still here for donation in order to cover the cost of hosting and maintenance, just keep posting.
Nowadays there are several new methods of co-funding some projects.