Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Site Upgrade notification - potential down-time 7/18 on...

Post by Michael »

Hi:
Some of you might have noticed that the Forum was down for a while Sunday morning. The hosting company brought the Forum down (without warning mind you) by imposing a redirect because a vulnerability in the PHPBB Forum code has been found which needs to be corrected as soon as possible (immediately :))
Anyway, I'll be working on it over the next several days - if you see a message like the one appended below, dont worry - the Forum will be back shortly.

Cheers,
Michael

A recent system scan revealed that your site had a vulnerable version of phpBB installed. To ensure the security of the server our system scan has disabled your phpBB forum. Please upgrade your forum to the latest phpBB version before you re-enable your forum. Please visit www.phpbb.com and click on the downloads section. If you used Fantastico to install phpBB then you can use Fantastico again to upgrade. Thank You
Michael
1981 GTV6
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Upgrades complete!

Post by Michael »

This board is now running phpBB v 2.0.16 and as such is no longer under threat of being shut down.
Please let me know if you spot any weirdness in the wake of the numerous code changes!

Thanks,
Michael
1981 GTV6
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Testing...

Post by Michael »

Attachment test
Attachments
gtv6_winery.jpg
gtv6_winery.jpg (266.47 KiB) Viewed 7579 times
PRW_Sept2003.jpg
PRW_Sept2003.jpg (128.41 KiB) Viewed 7578 times
Michael
1981 GTV6
John in Denver
Silver
Silver

Post by John in Denver »

Michael: just thought this was a good opportunity to say a quick "thankyou" for all your work in maintaining the site. I try to visit every day!
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Good to hear John - and you are most welcome.
Working on the upgrade has given me a few ideas on how to develop the site a bit more - so stay tuned for that :P
Michael
1981 GTV6