x-rad
Verde
Verde

Injectors

Post by x-rad »

found a good parts source for common items like injectors(which I just bought a set) FPR's, ECU's, etc...

http://catalog.autopartsgiant.com/index ... partsgiant

Injectors reconditioned by Python:
http://www.python-injection.com/fuel_injectors.php

seems like they care
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

they also sell re-man'd ecu's for our alfa's
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Tru dat!
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

before we all rush to apg.com...

i ordered on may 1, 2007 parts for the 3l 24v motor that were listed in stock on their website. they charged my card the day i ordered for almsot $600 in merchandise, but i still have not received the goods, tracking #, or even an excuse after a full month and a million phone calls.

i have reported them to the better business bureau and hopefully that will get a response from jon sinclair, the head of customer service (whom i have yet to speak with).

i will keep you guys posted.

good luck

vittorio
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Vitto: where were you three days ago??
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

update: apg.com responded to the bbb inquiry i made that the goods were shipped and that they were delivered. i called today and spoke with a customer service rep that told me the goods were not shipped and that i would receive a call from jon sinclair (head of cust service).

i received no call this evening, however, i was finally emailed by apg that the parts on their website were actually out of stock (which i believe was the case from the beginning), and they credited me full amount...

so all has been put right, however there are a some things that ruffled my feathers:

the customer service people were not very sympathetic the entire time (read: after sitting on hold listening to maroon 5 everytime i called i was actually hung up on twice!)

it took a full month to receive an explanation for the delay while god only knows apg.com was earning the 5% my money could have been earning in my savings account!

you just might be better off using the brand names and going to the vendor directly.

just my 2 cents, but now after losing a valuable month i will just pay more and get the gasket kit and bearings from iap, and the coil packs and spark plugs from napa.

Vittorio
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Update on injectors rebuilt by Python and sold by APG:

I called APG directly and got some guy who could not tell me if the parts were shipped or in stock. Apparently "available" on their website means that someone has them, they just have not found out where they are. When pushed further about a refund, salesguy was not really considering giving anything back and told me that I had to wait until someone turned in old injectors so that I could get the 'new rebuilt' ones..HAHAA..what a load of sheet.

Soooo, I decided to call Python directly. APG is located near Python factory. Sales rep at Python was very nice and told me a set of six injectors for Verde were picked up by APG driver that afternoon...Hey, i'm starting to feel better now, after all, how many rebuilt Verde injectors were going out this week??

Anyway, got email from APG that injectors shipped out from them to me today....we shall see....
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Guess what...got the injectors today...came in a box labeled MiQuinta Mexican food.....mailed from Emart in Cali....

Seems like APG (autoparts giant) is a small business with a big internet facade ( I guess anyone can buy the program detailing all the auto parts....)

Anyway, beside the rude salesguy, everything went smoothly

As for Python, I have only heard good things from a few friends using their products. They replaced the pintle, plastic case, hose, and lower seal, and claimed to have replaced , repaired, or left alone, the internals...

Basically, the only old part I can see is the metal housing, and that has been cleaned up and repainted..

Also, these have been flow tested and matched closely per Python
Attachments
INJ PYTHON 001.jpg
INJ PYTHON 001.jpg (141.18 KiB) Viewed 12257 times
INJ PYTHON 002.jpg
INJ PYTHON 002.jpg (78.56 KiB) Viewed 12257 times
INJ PYTHON 003.jpg
INJ PYTHON 003.jpg (111.25 KiB) Viewed 12257 times
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

oh yeah, injectors were only 320$ total w/shipping
Echo Leader
Silver
Silver

Post by Echo Leader »

x-rad wrote:oh yeah, injectors were only 320$ total w/shipping
That's a solid price. Does that include any core charge for your old injectors?

And do these come with all the seals you need when replacing them or would I have to buy the lower O-ring and/or others? Sorry if that should be obvious....I've never really spent much time with my injectors. :oops:
-James
1984 GTV6
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Kept my cores...would have got an additional 70$ off the price

Comes with lower seals too...
Echo Leader
Silver
Silver

Post by Echo Leader »

x-rad wrote:Kept my cores...would have got an additional 70$ off the price

Comes with lower seals too...
Wow, $250 w/ lower seals is pretty appealing! My cylinder #5 looked like it was running lean (rather white plug vs. the nominal black on others), maybe I'll pick up a balanced set!
-James
1984 GTV6
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Just be aware that you may encounter difficulties with the sales staff of APG and don't expect to get money back or any shipping dates or emails...

That being said, APG was the only place witht the best price...about 30$ cheaper per injector than the next best!

They also sell other brands but I feel that for the money, Python was a good buy....
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Put new injectors in today...fit perfectly...but just needed to dremel a little plastic off the base of the bosch type connector

they re-use the same case, just change everything else...
Attachments
IMG_2148.JPG
IMG_2148.JPG (172.06 KiB) Viewed 11707 times
IMG_2147.JPG
IMG_2147.JPG (210.85 KiB) Viewed 11709 times