Png
Silver
Silver

New Alfa Romeo Engines

Post by Png »

If you go to www.italiaspeed.com you can see the new 2.2 JTS and 3.2 V6 engines. All I can say is how dissapointing they look. According to Alfa the engine block is simply this dead piece of metal. Alfa has new heads,pistons,liners,and fuel injection. The 3.2 puts out 260 HP and 249 LBS of torque. Thats not bad power. However the underhood presentation is terrible! The engine head on the 3.2 is this square cover with an indentation and cover for what seems to be the oil cap. My question is could Alfa had at least made a better effort. The styling of the Brera and 159 are very nice. Lets hope the engines sound and feel like Alfa engines. :cry:
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Extremely disappointed with the intake runners. However, very impressed with the torque figures. I can only imagine what the GTA 3.2 will have..... 290 bhp?
Png
Silver
Silver

Post by Png »

Actually Zamani-The GTA is supposed to have 405 HP. It will be turboed. Paul
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Oh yes, finally a factory TT. Somehow I have a feeling that Alfa will just say "TT plan shelved, GTA going to have only 300 bhp 3.3 JTS". However, from what I have heard the TT is already in the works.

Oh and if I am not mistaken, it will be a 3.2 TT JTS UNIAIR TWIN PHASER TWIN CAM 24V. :shock:
Png
Silver
Silver

New Alfa Romeo Engines

Post by Png »

Well there was a concern that the new engines would not sound like the old engines from Arese. I think they do. If you go to
www.alfarome.nl you can scan down to the bottom right of the rear picture of the new Brera. You will see a picture in a little box of an accelerator pedel. Click on it and you will hear the new engine sound. i think it sounds pretty good!