Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

NEW Supercharging Book, Ebook version, low price!

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi guys,

I finally got around to updating my supercharging book. It now has data and information on the newest superchargers including the Eaton TVS and Sprintex Screw-Types. I added a ton of charts, updated the water/meth section and generally improved the whole book. It's now a lot longer too.

The book is now published as an ebook on Amazon. The really helps keep costs down. It's only $9.99. It should work on any device with a Kindle App. I have personally verified it works with the Kindle App on the Ipad, Iphone, Kindle Fire, Kindle HD, and Kindle.

It's no longer practical to make a printed version. Printing color pages is just getting too expensive and the shipping costs are getting out of hand.

Anyway, it's cheap, so hopefully people buy it. If you do, please write a review, and if you have any questions about it or issues with it, ask here, or email me.

http://www.amazon.com/SUPERCHARGING-gui ... ercharging

Greg
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Re: NEW Supercharging Book, Ebook version, low price!

Post by fedezyl »

Got it yesterday Greg, as usual, makes a great read at FL370 on Indonesian skies!

By the way, do you still make pulleys and supports for the supercharger kits? for the V6 that is, i'm going to go the cheap route and get an M90 and then upgrade later on to a sprintex 335.

Great read as usual and a looot of info, specially on noise, I want mine to be as quiet as possible.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Thanks for buying it. I did make a lot of updates. good job noticing the additions on noise reduction.

Regarding the Sprintex S335, that's the one to use. Take a look at the chart for the S335 (labeled "90ci screw type" in the book) , it's incredibly good. It has an adiabatic efficiency of 75% at a pressure ratio of 2.2, that's about 18psi. The older Eaton M90 is down around 56% at the same pressure and flow.

My older kit using the MP62 supercharger is still available. I don't sell it because I am working on newer stuff, however my machinist is trying to get his own business going so I gave him the rights to sell the kit. He improved it! It's now lighter and looks better due to the aluminum discharge port. He also sells it for a lot less than I did, as he doesn't have to pay someone else to make it, so it's a great deal. Pulleys, everything else, still available.

I want to stress that while the new TVS and Sprintex blowers are far superior to the older MP62, the old supercharger is still a force to be reckoned with and below 10psi still pretty competitive with the newer units.

Glad to hear you are flying, lots of us seem to have lost flying jobs. I haven't been to Indonesia, but I have done a fair amount of Taiwan, Korea, Japan, and a little Australia lately. Currently on the 76.

Greg
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

If anyone of you guys who have read the book and have an Amazon account would post a review of it on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/SUPERCHARGING-gui ... ercharging

I would really appreciate it. There are a lot of books on this subject, it's tough to compete.

Greg
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Yeah, I went to all the charts and the choice is clear, but the cost difference at this point is a bit steep (about usd 2500 for a sprintex vs between usd 300 and usd 400 for the eaton on ebay), I got some cams from Richard Jemison and 36 lb/hr injectors preparing for the upgrade, I just can't really fork out all the money for the sprintex now.
Do you think your machinist can make a discharge port for an M90? or just maybe unfinished so I can get it finished up in Uruguay.

Flying in Indonesia is well, interesting, the company is really good (has it's things as all of them do, it's Garuda by the way). I'm still flying the CRJ now but hopefully i'll move to a bigger bird in the next years, just have to keep an eye on the job market.

I'll get you some reviews on amazon soon Greg.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I don't think he can make one for the M90 because to do it, he would have to have the supercharger. Plus that supercharger was made in so many variants, the M90 he makes it for might not be the same supercharger you find.

I haven't ridden on Garuda, but it looks pretty decent. I know it's a big airline with a lot of new planes, including 777s. I can't say who I am working for on line, but you can probably figure it out, 747-400s, 747-8s and I am on the 767-300. Mosty a freight airline, although we have a small fleet of passenger stuff, which is what I normally fly.

Greg
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Oh I see, i'll manage to get something done in Uruguay no worries.

Garuda is actually a really good airline to travel by, i'm based in Sumatra, Medan to be precise, quite close to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. I like your airline's colour scheme, in 2008 I was upgrading to the 76 but my old company in an interesting turn of events decided to shutdown their long haul operation and bye bye 76 for me, I only got to do the CBT and cockpit procedures training, I loved that airplane, but anyways, it'll come sooner or later.

Do you know any dealers for the the sprintex in the U.S. that has them at a reasonable price?
John in Albq
Silver
Silver

Post by John in Albq »

Greg:

could you post contact information for your machinist?
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Greg, I finished reading the new book, I must say it's much more improved, very well written with enough technical details where needed and very straight forward on the items that needed to be so, like choosing a supercharger, noise, intercooling and water/methanol injection, you definetely got me going with the project and as of now i'm looking for an M90 (i know it's old but i'll probably upgrade to a TVS later on once I recover from the cash impact hehe), the Giulietta is a street car so I think it's the best choice specially due to the bypass valve and off boost driving.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

[quote="John in Albq
could you post contact information for your machinist?[/quote]

Nope, the spammers have automatic robots that crawl these forums looking for emails etc. to spam. However if you email me, I can forward it to you and cc it to him so he is in the loop.

He is trying to get a website going, so when he does I'll post that.

Greg,
www.hiperformancestore.com
www.okinjectors.com
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

fedezyl wrote:Greg, I finished reading the new book, I must say it's much more improved, very well written with enough technical details where needed and very straight forward on the items that needed to be so, like choosing a supercharger, noise, intercooling and water/methanol injection, you definetely got me going with the project and as of now i'm looking for an M90 (i know it's old but i'll probably upgrade to a TVS later on once I recover from the cash impact hehe), the Giulietta is a street car so I think it's the best choice specially due to the bypass valve and off boost driving.

Thanks for the kind words. The M90 is a good choice. Once you get it on, you may not want the TVS. Keep in mind that while the TVS is big jump forward, ultimately you are limited by your transaxle and other driveline components anyway. In other words, a 3.0 M90 with headers and a good intercooler will be able to reach the limits (say about 375hp), while a TVS could do it with stock manifolds and a lesser intercooler.

I just can't say this enough. While the TVS and new Sprintex units are a big step forward, you can make enough power to break things with the old MP62. It's just going to require more mods, like headers, perhaps the bigger 164 runners, etc. When you factor in the lower cost of the older supercharger, and the fact that the kit is still around and at a great price, I suspect for many the MP62 is still the way to go.

Greg,
www.okinjectors.com
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Oh I didn't know the kit was still around, my engine has custom headers and the 164 intake manifold so it should be good.
Does your machinist provide the kits? I'll send you an e-mail or MP for the details if you don't mind :D
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

fedezyl wrote:Oh I didn't know the kit was still around, my engine has custom headers and the 164 intake manifold so it should be good.
Does your machinist provide the kits? I'll send you an e-mail or MP for the details if you don't mind :D
Yup, he makes the kit, and he is the guy who made the last few I sold. He can provide the entire kit including the supercharger, although the supercharger itself could be sourced independently.

Greg,
www.okinjectors.com
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

New Cover for the Ebook: http://www.amazon.com/SUPERCHARGING-gui ... ercharging

I hope you guys like the new cover. My son in law made it for me.

If anyone wants the older print version, I still have a few left. However they do not have nearly as many charts, or much information about the latest superchargers.

Greg,
www.okinjectors.com