DaveH
Gold
Gold

DeNoya Trading Post

Post by DaveH »

Has anyone ever purchased items on e-bay from DeNoya?

http://stores.ebay.com/DeNoya-Trading-P ... eZl2QQtZkm

They frequently sell used GTV6 bits.
aralfa8589
Silver
Silver

Post by aralfa8589 »

I've purchased a few items from them , both from eBay auctions and directly, with no problems at all. As an aside, Louie (the guy that runs the place) told me that he is going to scale back his business to concentrate only on later model Spider stuff.
Jeff Lang
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

Thanks for the response Jeff.

I've bought twice from him, and had problems both times.

I contacted him after receiving my latest item; I need to give him a chance to respond.

I'm not inclined to share much more info about this yet. However, I will post an update when all is resolved. If all is resolved, that is.

Dave
84GTV6
Silver
Silver

Post by 84GTV6 »

This link was posted on another site. It pertains to Louie, the man behind DeNoya. There are other vendors with good reputations out there.

http://www.law.emory.edu/10circuit/...5-3177.wpd.html
Mark in Kentucky
86 Spider
84 GTV6
78 Sport Sedan
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

I tried to follow the url but it doesn't seem to be complete. Can you repost?

I did search the domain for 'Louie' and found 3 rather serious cases!

BTW, still no resolution on the taillight. I look fwd to posting his responses for all to see.

Thanks

Dave
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

Mark, e-mail me off site, if you would. I have something interesting for you on this.
84GTV6
Silver
Silver

Post by 84GTV6 »

http://www.law.emory.edu/10circuit/dec9 ... 7.wpd.html

That seems to work for me!
I found the link at:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthr ... ght=DeNoya

Lot of discussion of him on the Alfabb.com site.........
Mark in Kentucky
86 Spider
84 GTV6
78 Sport Sedan
JoeCab
Silver
Silver

Post by JoeCab »

To reiterate some of the discussion on the AlfaBB, this guy has defrauded me and at least 10 other Alfa owners by selling:

1) Parts that are not what they are represented as
2) Parts that are not in the condition they were represented as

I have no respect for Louie as he is a pathalogical liar and has proven time and time again he will take the low road if given the chance.

Joe
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

Well, today is the last day I can post feedback about Louis/DeNoya. T minus 2 hours

I am not going to however.

Everyone who has left him negative f/b has got a negative right back from him. I need to preserve my 100% e-bay rating.

My taillight issue was never resolved. He sold me a taillight back in December....read on. This is long. Posts are in 'newest-first' order:

Re: Question for item #7937627107 - Alfa Romeo GTV6 Right Taillight

David, We had three rights. One has six studs but was not real pretty. I did not notice one had five that was sent to you. I looked for a good lens and good back. I got over 35 emails on those taillights and responded in a good manner. I do not know if a new stud will screw into yours. If it will I will get one off of the extras here and send it to you. Louie

----- Original Message -----
To: him
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 11:46 AM
Subject: Question for item #7937627107 - Alfa Romeo GTV6 Right Taillight

Question about your item

Dear rezdoc,

I received the GTV6 RH taillight in the mail today. Previously, I asked you if it had all 6 mounting studs. You replied that it did. Well, it arrived with 5 and apparently shipped with 5 - the 6th was not amongst the contents. I also asked if the unit was scratched/crazed. You said no. It is. It's condition is average to poor. This is the 2nd time I have had a problem with DeNoya. That is; 2 problems out of 2 purchases. This is not good enough. I will wait until tomorrow before posting feedback. Hopefully you can make this work out. David Hicks

Re: Question for item #7937627107 - Alfa Romeo GTV6 Right Taillight

All studs no cracks and in great shape. Louie

Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 10:25 AM
Subject: Question for item #7937627107 - Alfa Romeo GTV6 Right Taillight

Question about your item

Dear rezdoc,

Does the taillight have all 6 studs attached? Are there any hairline cracks/crazing in the lenses? Are there any scratches on the lenses?

From my 1st purchase, this never got resolved:

Re: Side marker lights for my GTV6

That will work. Louie

Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 2:17 PM
Subject: RE: Side marker lights for my GTV6

Thanks Louie!

How do I send you a you owe me? Should I just re-email you with 'you owe me' in the subject line?

Dave

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 3:15 PM
To: me
Subject: Re: Side marker lights for my GTV6

Dave,
I have two more gtv6's outside but it will be at least two weeks before we get to one to start taking it apart. If you send me a you owe me message I will get you one of the rear side markers and send it to you. If Jimmy can get down the list quicker I will have him pull one and get it to you.
Louie

Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 7:38 AM
Subject: RE: Side marker lights for my GTV6

Hi Louie.

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, both ends are cracked. In fact the cracks are all the way through, which means that the unit does not have complete screw holes. One end came off in my hand when I unpacked the units.

I can understand you guys selling parts 'as-is', after all, you sell lots of parts and it would be time consuming to fine-tooth comb everything. However, one of my parts was obviously broken and that should not have been offered for sale, esp. with an as-is policy in existence.

I would urge you to overlook your as-is policy on this one and refund me 1/2 the parts cost.

I look forward to being a regular DeNoya customer and would hope that I can recommend your store to others in the Alfa community, particularly on gtv6.org

Dave

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 12:12 PM
To: me
Subject: Re: Side marker lights for my GTV6

I looked at the picture and it has a hair line crack on one end. I do not see one on the other side but it could be. They mounted on the other car with no problem. I sell all my parts as is expecially on electrical. Louie

Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 1:57 PM
Subject: Side marker lights for my GTV6

Message From eBay Member

Dear rezdoc,

I received the e-bay parts mentioned above from DeNoya. However, I am not happy with my purchase as 1 of the 2 lights is broken at both of it's mounting points. I feel I have only received 50% of the value of my $23.00 purchase. I look forward to your response; hopefully you can do something that would resolve this unsatisfactory situation.

Thank you,
dave2pvd

Why did I go back to the guy a 2nd time?? Once bitten, twice shy, right? Caveat emptor, etc, etc... Sometimes I have too optimistic expectations of folks; I expect them to behave like I do. Life doesn't work that way though.

Oh well, at the end of the day, there's not much money involved.

Just thought I'd post this for y'all. I have a poor opinion of this guy. Let everyone else draw their own conclusions.

If you really want to read some good stuff, do a google search for: "johnnie Louis McAlpine" oklahoma If that doesn't put you off DeNoya, nothing will.

Hmmm...T minus 1.5
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

So, do I get an award for longest post of the year now? Should have posted the google article in too...
GTA18T
Silver
Silver

Re: DeNoya Trading Post

Post by GTA18T »

Yes i have they where ok :D
DaveH wrote:Has anyone ever purchased items on e-bay from DeNoya?

http://stores.ebay.com/DeNoya-Trading-P ... eZl2QQtZkm

They frequently sell used GTV6 bits.