Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vince - www.gtvince.com

Post by Michael »

Vince has definitely been on the receiving end of some harsh criticism on this forum - and I know that we are more likely to hear about the small quantity of deals which (for any number of reasons) goes sour than the multitude which turn out well. I just wanted to post my experience here to provide a bit more balance.

A few months ago, I contacted Vince to enquire of getting a pair of Euro bumpers sent to me. He happened to have a set in stock and arranged to have them packed up and sent to me. Shipping took a while (expected since it came by sea to Vancouver BC and then on to Seattle by road). I cleared them through customs at nominal expense and picked them up at a local shipping yard. The bumpers were in good condition considering their age - I'm very happy with their appearance and the deal in general.

Thanks Vince!

Check out some pictures in this discussion here:
Euro Bumpers
Michael
1981 GTV6
gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Post by gtv11636 »

Dear Michael

I'm happy for those of you who had good experience with Vince,
BUT!!! Let me say this - I'm NOT impressed AT ALL!!

Vince Knows who you are Michael, he sure knows who's ass to kiss. (and forgive my language)

Its obviuos that He will serve you the best he can, fact is that he doesnt even answer to other pepole, a lot of guys here In Israel tryed him but said they dont want anything to do with that guy becous he doesnt answer and even when he does it takes him ages.

The facts in my case are Realy simple! Let me refresh your memory!
vince bhachu wrote: if you want to take this further then I suggest you give me you phone number or call me so I can settle this bollocks for once and for all and for god sake send the bloody crate back and get your refund now

Regards

Vince
Well ? That was 5 MONTH AGO!!!!! WAKE UP YOU ALL!!!
The god damm lier didnt even returned my e mails, needless to say He didnt Call me after leaving him my phone number on both the forum pages and by e mail.
I even tryed calling him few times but there was never any answer there, strange thing.

If Vince was living in my country I would have sued his ass long time ago for Slander! ( all the Bullshit he said about me trying to sell you his ridiculous storys )
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

I set up this section of the forum to allow people to report either positively or negatively on vendors - you and I did precisely that. When one evaluates a vendor on Epinions (or Ebay, here, whatever), one forms an opinion by reading the good, and the bad – the onus is on the reviewer to evaluate the credibility of the poster and make a purchase decision. If readers feel that I’m somehow less credible, or would have received preferential treatment since I’m the admin of this site, so be it - conclude I'm less credible and assign more weight to other comments.
I understand you had a deal go sour ... but I think in my case, Vince deserves thanks which is what I accorded him.

Cheers,
Michael
1981 GTV6
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

Vince has always supplied goods to me as described and on time. I have ordered parts from him at least three times. He has sometimes included duplicates of small parts as well. I am happy with the parts I have bought from him.
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

message posted twice, oops!
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

My bro bought a Veloce kit from Vince. I bought Euro lights for my dad's 164. No problemo. Thumbs up for Vince.
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Vince did a great deal for me for a bunch of little parts for my Verde, stuff no one else wanted to touch, he gets a thumbs up from me too!
Scudetto
Silver
Silver

Post by Scudetto »

Hi All

Mmm. Interesting responses

Here in the UK he's known commonly as "Dodgy Vince"

Make your own guesses on that one!

Scudetto
gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Post by gtv11636 »

And here He's well Known as "Butt Kisser" :?

Dodgy! could not described Him better then that :wink:
Thats what his been doing to me for the last 4 years!!!
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

My TS box arrived in Sydney from Vince fine - he even paid for air freight seeing as he stuffed up, and was willing to call me to advise at his own expense. Thumbs up for Vince.
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
hutchensgd
Gold
Gold

Post by hutchensgd »

I have had several good experiences when purchasing items from Vince.
Glenn
nizam
Silver
Silver

Post by nizam »

Thumbs up from me.

I've ordered from Vince multiple times. All large ticket items where I send the money first, and await the parts to arrive.

My 75 Evo kit arrived in a well-crated box. It was a bit slow but it showed up unscathed (maybe the ship had to go all the way around the point, more expensive to go through the canal? :lol: )

He also does small items. Communication may not be up to par to those of the internet generation (read: immediate response required or else), but he does get back to you and the parts are generally as described.

Remember, he peddles used parts! In my book, as long as the parts are functional and not totally thrashed, they're fine :)
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

Ive have met Vince and baught parts from him, and been happy with them, though yes his responce via email is poor. I have never had a problem contacting him over the phone though. I born in mind that parts are often 20+ old from the cars. I think perhaps sometimes there is an expectation that second hand parts will be perfect.

MJR
asanisimasa
Silver
Silver

Post by asanisimasa »

i never ordered something from vince, i don´t even know him. i only saw his homepage on the net.

if i order something, i always ask for high resolution pictures from different point of views (i try to explain why via mail or on the phone).
sometimes the seller (or dealer) doesn´t like to do so, because it is "more work" for him and then it´s on me to belive that the item that is offered is in "good" or "perfect" condition as described.
the parts that we are talking about are at least 20 years old (gtv6)
even when they were on stock (nos), for sure they were moved several times - so you can´t compare it with a brand new produced part.
(a new item after 20 years is a 20 year old item).
and used parts are even worse.
so I(!) always expect parts in a poor condition and i only pay the price that is ok for me (and it happens that i pay to much ;-) ).

once again: ask for high resolution pictures, if you can´t get them - hope that they correspond to the description and that they are worth the price YOU want to pay for it or just let it go!

that someone doesn´t answer to mails or doesn´t react on customers complaint is a total different story.
hutchensgd
Gold
Gold

Post by hutchensgd »

Once again I have a positive experience to report about Vince. I asked for no pictures, prior, which maybe was not smart, but I got what I wanted. In fact, I failed to mention that the initial package was lost in the mail somewhere, and vince sent the part again after I let him know the first was lost.

I have no butts to kiss, or axes to grind. Just the facts. And the facts are, that I have been satisfied numerous times by Vince.

A well pleased customer.
Glenn