Ideas for improving the site? Notice any problems? Please report them here.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

mIKE,WHILE WERE ON IT..i TICK THE BOX :REMEMBER LOGIN DETAILS" FOR NEXT TIME AND EVERYTIME i HAVE TO FRIGGIN RE LOG IN..

Aaargh,CAP LOCKS!!!!!!!! Sorry..

All my other sites I log straight in when it opens..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Michael: THANKS!!.. all is well ......everything works in terms of new session error codes
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Hi Barry:

I think you are seeing a client side issue there - the server manages the sessions well.
Here is some advice from a previous post on the topic.

Hope this helps.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cookies are small text files created when you visit a web site that includes a command to create them. The files contain pieces of information stored in a folder on your computer ready to be accessed again in the future. They allow information to be stored that is specific to you which allows the web site the retrieve that information next time you visit the site.

Cookies are used within this forum for a number of things, the main one being the automatic login feature. When you click the ‘Log Me In Automatically’ box, the site will set a cookie with your information in. Next time you visit this forum, you should be automatically logged in - very handy!

It is very important however to ensure that cookies are allowed to be set - some firewalls and similar software applications will automatically delete cookies or prevent them being set in the first place and this will cause problems with login. If you are using such software, specify this site in the "Allow" list (www.alfagtv6.com).
If you are having problems, make sure that 2 cookies in the "www.alfagtv6.com" domain persist. They are called alfagtv6forum_sid and alfagtv6forum_data.

Try deleting all Offline files and then logging in again - this should always be your first attempt at solving login issues Check that the cookies are created when you login, and that they persist correctly. If they do not, check your machine for overly eager cookie munchers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael
1981 GTV6
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mike,thanks for the time to reply..The logging in really is not an issue..

What is though is that I try posting 2 or more pics in a post as attachments and the whole thing freezes up.I have to start all over again and only post a single picture attachment at a time..

The next big thing is when Ive posted and sent the reply,the page freezes and quite often I have to reset the operation of posting a reply.bang,double posts..
Message always says waiting for a reply from gtv6.com..

I cannot see thats its my puter as Ive recently moved away from the laptop to a very nice pc setup running Vista.same thing.
My pics of the ARP studs...single attachments only..
Ive posted replies and when the screen freezes with the waiting message Ive simply clicked and gone on to another site without my reply or post going through..
I really enjoy the forum but am finding it increasingly frustrating to reply and post here...

My topic on my Giulietta..lots of pics but I had to post a single pic at a time where before I could ad 4 or 5 pics as attachments...

Xrad`s headgasket topic..double posts cause I have to reload current page as its frozen...
Im using avg premium only as S/W AND A/V ....

Any idea of what I can look for on my side with perhaps my isp...(Vodacom..)HSDPA Wireless..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

I had to reload!! waiting for a reply fom gtv6.com...for ages before I reloaded..

Screenshot.
Attachments
sshot-6.png
sshot-6.png (119.67 KiB) Viewed 7470 times
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Barry: I used to have all those same problems...

At least for me it turned out to be a local node somewhere that Comcast(our big I-net provider) had to fix
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

barry, have a read through this page and download ping plotter shareware. ping the GTV6 site when you are getting issues, and you will be able to pin point exactly where the issue lies, with your slow connection. The good thing is, whichever hope or provider is cauing the issue cant deny it, since you can send the plots to your ISP and complain.

http://www.pingplotter.com/freeware.html
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Thanks guys,Ill take it up with my isp..thanks lots..! :D
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Barry...looks like your double vision has improved by 1/2 with your latest posts!...did you ever find out what it was?