Ideas for improving the site? Notice any problems? Please report them here.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Does it seem like this site is dying to anyone else?

Post by Zamani »

He's out of Alfas, bikes only. I think his 1.8T was a very nice car.
Dr. Alban
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

Mats wrote: The italian guy, Luca right? I was actually on my way to visit him once when I was in Italy but in the end I couldn't get a hold of him when I was there. Too bad.
I remember the Yngwie Malmsten MIDI music on his website, epic. :D
Yeah, that's right! I remeber viewing his site on a 56k modem...

As long as he's still sunny side up - too many bike people I know are having big offs.

Ah, the good old days. I often wish I never sold the black car.
1966 GTV
1982 Suzuki "Bathurst" Katana
1995 Cagiva Mito (race kitted 250 powered)
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

is a shame that postings are down - my GTV6 is just gathering dust since we welcomed a baby into the household, thus I need to get my alfa fix vicariously via the internet, but this board has gone to sleep and the other one has gone juvenile...its a sad state of affairs

L_S_N - I've regretted the departure of every alfa* that has passed through my hands in some way (even if for the 75 Twinspark, it was only the throught that I should have kept it for its mechanicals). This is one of the things that is making me hang onto the GTV6, even thou I can't see it being used much for a few years :(

* for the record:
78 gtv 2.0 116 (was written off in an accident - NOT MY FAULT)
88 33 1.7IE (would have made a good track car)
89 75 TS (should have kept the mechanicals to swap into a gtv)
74 gtv 2.0 105 (Group N racer that is now effectively Dad's in all respects bar the rego papers)
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I just figured it out . No one wants to start their new project until they have a JK book on how to modify your GTV6 in their hands. :idea:
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

My current project includes a Saab engine and didn't get a very warm welcome over here... :oops: That was the main reason for me not to post it here.

I read this forum everyday but there is not so much for me to react to. Even the Dutch Alfetta-transaxle forum has more posts on a daily basis lately.. :?
Drive it like you stole it...
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

We will start to worry when the Arna forum get's more post per day
:mrgreen:
Dr. Alban
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I see Kevin has some new and exciting posts. That 155 is wild, and probably more Alfa than the original Alfa version.

I am currently reviving my GTV6. My budget is very low due to a job change, but I have enough stuff sitting around to make it pretty exciting. I will probably document the project here.

It's a brown 1985 car. It's going to have a supercharger, air to air intercooler, big runners, headers, side exiting exhaust, gapless rings and full radius cut seats. I am using stock pistons, rods, etc. to keep the budget down. I am planning on 14psi so I am going to have to pump in water like there is no tomorrow. Engine management will be SDS and it will have a full Stage 2 suspension.

The transaxle is overhauled with a lightened 1st and 2nd gear. I am going to run Performatek's 6 puk clutch, at least initially.

Greg,
www.hiperformancestore.com
www.okinjectors.com
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Greg Gordon wrote:I see Kevin has some new and exciting posts. That 155 is wild, and probably more Alfa than the original Alfa version.

I am currently reviving my GTV6. My budget is very low due to a job change, but I have enough stuff sitting around to make it pretty exciting. I will probably document the project here.

It's a brown 1985 car. It's going to have a supercharger, air to air intercooler, big runners, headers, side exiting exhaust, gapless rings and full radius cut seats. I am using stock pistons, rods, etc. to keep the budget down. I am planning on 14psi so I am going to have to pump in water like there is no tomorrow. Engine management will be SDS and it will have a full Stage 2 suspension.

The transaxle is overhauled with a lightened 1st and 2nd gear. I am going to run Performatek's 6 puk clutch, at least initially.

Greg,
http://www.hiperformancestore.com
http://www.okinjectors.com
Well well well! that is a nice spec list my friend! I wish I was doing all that stuff to my Giulie but for now I must be happy with a stock engine, i'm also going the side exhaust route, less weight and simpler design.. :D
xrad
Verde
Verde

Post by xrad »

ummm..maybe less GTV6's to go around...

If we start a forum on rust piles, then there will be more posts..
John in Albq
Silver
Silver

Post by John in Albq »

That's what I was thinking... maybe there are just fewer GTV6s around. Perhaps this is the lull before the storm though as the 25 year mark is now past and prices are beginning to climb (is that true?)....soon we will not be able to afford them. Greg would be in a position to know what the level of interest is. How are sales of your various kit going Greg?

I don't post often on this site (as my technical expertise is limited and many of you guys are somewhat intimidating) but I visit often.

Perhaps the "Pictures of My Car" section should be revived. I know I love looking at other peoples mods.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

John,

Do you remember a guy named Paul Grant? HE USED TO ONLY TYPE WITH CAPSLOCK ON. But he was a nice guy. Moved on to a WRX, but lived in NM too.
Dr. Alban
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Zamani wrote:John,

Do you remember a guy named Paul Grant? HE USED TO ONLY TYPE WITH CAPSLOCK ON. But he was a nice guy. Moved on to a WRX, but lived in NM too.
Haha, I REMEMBER HIM. Funny stuff. :)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

It would be nice to hear from SZ/RZ owners as well since these were the ultimate production versions of the transaxle Alfas.

I know these cars are rare (it is said that only 1 is in North America) and that the owners do not modify them in order to hold their collector value. Still, it would be nice to have pictures and details posted here even if only of routine repair and renewal work.

Details of the Trofeo racing cars would be interesting too. Does anybody race these in vintage events anymore?
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I know Paul Grant, actually met him his at his house. Great guy! Last I heard he wasn't happy with the WRX and switched to an RX8 for more leg room.

There may be fewer GTV6s now than 10 years ago, but I think the number is pretty stable, the ones being revived about equal to the ones being junked due to rust etc.

I think the problem is the lack of updates to this site, other than forum posts there hasn't been much added in years. Traffic at the other alfa forum in the GTV6, Alfetta, and Milano sections is pretty strong.

Greg
John in Albq
Silver
Silver

Post by John in Albq »

I've only been in Albuquerque a couple of years and have not met Paul Grant.
Gordon Self (the Alfa Doc) used to run an Alfa shop here but closed it a year or so back. He still works on Alfas out of his house apparently.