Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
Ahutchy
Silver
Silver

MS runs!

Post by Ahutchy »

Hi all,

Have fitted MS1 ver3 to my 1982 Alfa GTV 2 litre.

Using MS and S extra (or whatever its called)

Used Hayabusa TB's and various other old junk that was purchased on ebay or had lying around for sensors, efi pump etc.

Built surge tank and manifold adapters for TB's.

Currently fabricating CF airbox/velocity stacks.

I will put some further details and pics up on a web page once it is all finished.

A few headaches with getting a reliable pulse out of Bosch electronic/VR dissy so put two bolt heads on unused air con bottom pulley and old Volvo VR sensor. With much tweaking of R56 it works like a beaut though.

So far I have tuned only by gut feel and it runs rather nicely.

LC1 WB sensor arrives any day though and expect some improvements from proper tuning with that so I feel I'm going to be well pleased with the final result.

I will then stick my Jim K cams in it and decent Pace extracters and re tune and see what the difference is.

The engine is reasonably fresh with a bit of port work and fancy valve seat angles but otherwise is standard.

I'll post the address when the pages and pics are up.

Many thanks to all on this forum and on the MS forum for the volume of useful information available.

If anyone needs any info on efi for Alfa 2 litre I would be only to happy to help.

Thanks again, Andrew H.
Attachments
Rogue orange wire is for IAT once air box is done.
Rogue orange wire is for IAT once air box is done.
almost_finished_engine_bay_550_001.jpg (97.85 KiB) Viewed 3709 times
bmacf
Gold
Gold

Post by bmacf »

Hey that looks pretty cool. What's a surge tank - is this something for turbo applications? Or is it something you have to have when you use individual TB's?

Got any pictures of your TB to head adapters?

Thanks,
Bill in Maryland
Bill in MD
'88 Alfa Milano Verde x 2
'77 Fiat Spider