Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
P.Webb
Gold
Gold

Crank Triggering

Post by P.Webb »

Ok, so I was playing with the Ford 36-1 wheel and coming up with another crazy scheme. There was a recent thread on the MSEFI list about putting dowels or holes in the flywheel to sense crank angle. Then it hit me. Why not machine grooves or drill holes in the stock pulley to turn it into a wheel instead of trying to retro-fit a Ford wheel onto a pulley obviously not intended for it.

So I figured there are a few ways to do this. This is a Milano 3.0 pulley. The GTV6 pulley is definitely different because of the A/C and power steering.

1) Drill holes in the large harmonic balancer part of the pulley. 35 1/4" holes and a 3/4" hole @ TDC where the missing tooth is.

2) Machine the 35 star teeth into the harmonic balancer

3) Machine the star teeth into the rear slot of the pulley where the rear most V-belt groove is. For us 3.0 owners, the block is already drilled and tapped for the VRS because of the 164 ML4.1

The whole thing would need to be balanced but no big deal. Crank angle would be really easy once you get past the wheel problem.

Anyone have good pictures of a Milano 3.0, Milano 2.5 and GTV6 pulley so I can see in detail which options would work or be easiest?

Anyone have a reason why this wouldnt work?

Just brainstorming here...

-Peter
gtv6fan
Silver
Silver

Post by gtv6fan »

Peter, have you worked this out yet? I am interested in setting up a DIS for my 3.0 s motor. I just bought the ms II and can not wait to install it.
Drive fast and take chances.
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Sorry to say, but I dont think Peter posts here anymore. Perhaps you could contact him some other way. Or PM and maybe it will send an alert to his email.