Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
bmacf
Gold
Gold

MS with wideband (LM-1)

Post by bmacf »

Hey everyone, there's so much info at msefi.com I cannot figure out where the info is on connecting the Innovative LM-1 wideband system to MS. Do I need the "precision wideband controller" or can I just connect the analog output of the LM-1 to MS (and where)? Also, is there a simple way to port over my existing fuel/spark maps?

Any help on pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. I have an emissions test coming up and want to do everything I can to tune my maps.

Thanks,
Bill in Maryland
Bill in MD
'88 Alfa Milano Verde x 2
'77 Fiat Spider
Steve R
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Steve R »

Hi Bill,

I'm running an Innovate LC-1 wideband controller & WB O2 sensor. You SHOULD just be able to use one of the analogue outputs to the MS ECU.

I use the word "should" because I can't get MS to read the sensor input correctly, it's just displays BS full full scale deflection readings. :(

Pretty sure there's a config I've forgotten or messed up in the MS .ini files as the WB O2 works perfectly when logged via the innovate logworks software.
83' GTV6, 3.0 24v supercharged
P.Webb
Gold
Gold

Post by P.Webb »

Steve R wrote:Hi Bill,

I'm running an Innovate LC-1 wideband controller & WB O2 sensor. You SHOULD just be able to use one of the analogue outputs to the MS ECU.

I use the word "should" because I can't get MS to read the sensor input correctly, it's just displays BS full full scale deflection readings. :(

Pretty sure there's a config I've forgotten or messed up in the MS .ini files as the WB O2 works perfectly when logged via the innovate logworks software.
Make sure MT is set to WB02 on the constants screen. Just a guess here but since NB02 is 0-1v and UEGO is 1-5v, the full scale is trying to read the higher voltage as an NB02 and saying it's full rich.

-Peter
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Bill you also have to run the MT configurator and open the "custom.ini" file in the "car1" directory.In this file you must specify your WB type.I got the best results by selecting "Generic Wideband" and then when calibrating the "AFR" you specify 0-5V/10 - 20 AFR.Make sure your analogue out 2 on the wideband is also set the same way.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:D YO! Murray!! Im impressed!! From "help guys,im a newby.." to the reply above...
Trust me,when I get my MS running Ill be shooting off mails to you fast and thick. :D
Seriously,looks like you are winning there?Its a load of fun,huh?..sometimes.. :roll: :wink:

Hello Peter ..
bmacf
Gold
Gold

Post by bmacf »

Hey guys, thanks for all the help on the LC-1. I just coughed up the money and bought one. Did y'all use the same 12V/GND/Megasquirt wires for your LC-1 as you did for your narrow band O2 sensor? I'm thinking about doing that, but my ground shows a few ohms between the wire that connects to the sensor and the battery ground. I might just ground the LC-1 to the engine cover.

I coughed up the big $ and bought the XD-16 gauge too. At first I was going to buy a cheapy gauge off of ebay (actually at $80 not so cheap), but after reading the problems people have on the Innovative Motorsports websit, I decided just to spend the extra money and buy the meter that the LC-1 system is intended for.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Steve R, still having problems?

Bill in Maryland
Bill in MD
'77 Fiat Spider
bmacf
Gold
Gold

Post by bmacf »

Hey guys, thanks for all the help on the LC-1. I just coughed up the money and bought one. Did y'all use the same 12V/GND/Megasquirt wires for your LC-1 as you did for your narrow band O2 sensor? I'm thinking about doing that, but my ground shows a few ohms between the wire that connects to the sensor and the battery ground. I might just ground the LC-1 to the engine cover.

I coughed up the big $ and bought the XD-16 gauge too. At first I was going to buy a cheapy gauge off of ebay (actually at $80 not so cheap), but after reading the problems people have on the Innovative Motorsports websit, I decided just to spend the extra money and buy the meter that the LC-1 system is intended for.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Steve R, still having problems?

Bill in Maryland
Bill in MD
'77 Fiat Spider