Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
P.Webb
Gold
Gold

Post by P.Webb »

joey wrote:
P.Webb wrote:2.2k should be fine for most applications. The warning is for the non-transistorized ignitions that don't have the 400v spikes. If it's reading directly off coil(-) there isn't much to disturb it. This is the scheme for them old points type ignitions.

The L-Jet, and subsequently your MS is getting the tach signal from the Bosch ignition box. The Hall sensor is providing crank angle to the ignition box which turns it out to pin 1 of the L-Jet.

-Peter

thanks peter ! so this wont change anything if my ignition is upgraded to an MSD system further down the track?

mike, let us know how the 2.2kohm goes !

cheers guys,

joe
That will depend on what you use for a triggering device. If you use the Hall sensor, there are electrical mods you have to make to the MS box jumpering R10 to XG1. Check out the MSn-E sourceforge site for wiring diagrams.

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra ... dware.html

-Peter
The true joy of an Alfa Romeo is behind the wheel.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

I tried 2.2 K and still had tach spikes - the next value I could find was 3.9Kohm - here is the log:

http://www.alfagtv6.com/MegaSquirt/data ... 2005cb.zip

This worked better, though initially, on startup with a really low idle, the tach spikes are awful (this log does not show that). As soon as I got underway and the car warmed up a bit, things improved remarkably to the extent that there are not many spikes in the log.
Do you guys think I should try a higher value? I see that one can go as high as 10Kohm...
Is there anything else I can try?

Cheers,
Michael
Michael
1981 GTV6
David
Gold
Gold

Post by David »

Peter,

Have I missed something here? I originally had tach spikes and the "Dave cap" fixed the problem by increasing C12. I don't recall doing anything to R10.

David
1985 GTV6 3.0 Zender Body Kit - Red
P.Webb
Gold
Gold

Post by P.Webb »

I didn't have to do the Dave cap on mine. It's supposed to solve transients with a constant discharge rate.

The best test is to see how hot R10 is getting. If it's too hot to touch, it's too small.

-Peter
The true joy of an Alfa Romeo is behind the wheel.
firefox
Silver
Silver

Post by firefox »

Hy all

I've got an MS running on my 75 3,0l V6. Great stuff!

Little Question:
Does someone have a Pinout Diagram from the 75 1,8 Turbo. I want to squirt an really hot Turbo engine.... I want to use the stock loom for that like I did on my 3.0l. (by the way, thanks to Steve Rosser for the very helpful and understandable written guide!)

I'm also looking for new injectors because the stock ones are a piece of crap and can't handle the estimated power of over 300PS....

Thanks a lot and greetings from switzerland
Andreas
firefox
Silver
Silver

Post by firefox »

up :D

Does anyone know if the L-Jet loom of the V6 are the same like the LH-Jetronic of the 1,8Turbos?

Thanks
Andi
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

They are definetly NOT, the 75 turbo has two boxes, one for fuel and one for spark.
And it's not LH-Jet, it's LE2-Jet. :wink:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
firefox
Silver
Silver

Post by firefox »

yes, that's why I'm aksing. The 3,0l V6 America is with L-Jetronic and has also a box for fuel and one for spark :wink:

Opps your right, it's Le2-Jetronic.... but maybe because of that the pinout is nearly the same.......