Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
mac74
Silver
Silver

Throttlebody/TPS

Post by mac74 »

Hi!

I've started planning my upcoming megasquirt-installation. Since I will need a proper TPS I wonder which one that would be easiest to use?

I think I read somewhere that the complete throttlebody incl. tps from a 12v 164 will fit the GTV6 bolt-on. Is there any point in using a TB from a 164S (QV)? Larger diameter?
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

mac74 I don't know if you'd had a chance to look through my write-up on my MSII install if not here's a link.

http://www.alfagtv6.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=154

I used a Bosch TPS from a Volvo 850 so that should be convenient for you :lol:
A simple adapter plate made from aluminium was all it took and it works just fine.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
mac74
Silver
Silver

Post by mac74 »

Ok, Murray, I will look into your thread. I guess I could find one or another Volvo in the local scrapyards ;)

What I was curious about was if the 164 TB is a bolt-on fit. I can get one for about $50 complete with tps. Then you wouldn't even have to build the adaptor plate for the tps (not that it seems as a big deal). Then again, maybe the throttle linkage needs modification?

/Marcus
P.Webb
Gold
Gold

Post by P.Webb »

Yes, the 164 TB will fit. However the TPS from the ML4.1 systems also use the switch type TPS. You need the potentiometer type. The 164 TB is the same as the 155 and has mounts drilled for both types of TPS. You'll need to buy a new TPS but it will fit the TB.

-Peter